Company: Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo Co
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Southwood Admin, 1030 Southwood Dr, San Luis Obispo, California,
United States of America Req #1999 Monday, October 9, 2023 Position
Summary: Under general direction, this position provides fiscal and
administrative support to the Head Start, Early Head Start, Migrant
& Seasonal Head Start and State Child Development (CYFS) Programs.
Supports CAPSLO's mission by ensuring the programs are monitored
financially and given administrative support in order to maximize
the number of families and individuals it is able to serve
effectively. Required Education and Experience:
- AA/AS Degree and at least 3 years related work experience or an
equivalent combination of education and experience which will
provide for at least 5 years of administrative/financial
experience. Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience working with data entry, or payment system positions
such as accounts payable or other areas within finance or
information technology. Certification in a specific financial
skill, such as a software certification or other. Essential
- Process program expenditures by vouching invoices, packing
slips, and supporting documentation. Document cost allocation based
upon identifying information related to location, program
enrollment and purchase order detail.
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation of paperwork
and obtaining program approvals prior to submission to Accounts
Payable for payment.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies with regards to vendor
invoices, expense allocation or other financial transactions
including data entry errors, to the appropriate personnel within
the finance department.
- Review, edit and compute CYFS program In-Kind and prepare
reports on a monthly basis. Tabulate In-kind sheets, and allocate
In-kind by category and location.
- Prepares and routes independent contractor agreements for
review and signature by appropriate parties.
- Process Family Child Care Program provider payments and
reimbursements for CYFS programs. Receive, sort, review, make
corrections and communicate with necessary staff during the
process. Create an import file for the accounting system and
- Process State Child Development monthly attendance. Receive,
sort, review, make corrections and communicate with necessary staff
during the process. Update reports with enrollment, attendance,
days of operation, etc. in order to calculate earnings and compile
information for analysis, finance meetings and reporting
- Participate in the annual budget development for the CYFS
programs. Accumulates, organizes and records budget survey
- Also responsible for providing on-going support for updating
important information necessary for projections such as staffing,
cost allocation and cost fluctuations. Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assists program staff in preparing purchase requisitions for
items requiring purchase order approval. Submits to Purchasing for
- Communicate often and consistently with supervisor and peers.
Provide written correspondence when instructing program staff on
financial procedures and copy appropriate parties as necessary
(supervisor and peers).
- Attend department staff meetings and planning sessions as
- Timeliness: accountable for meeting various deadlines related
to the responsibilities of this position.
- Knowledge, Training and Teamwork: Cross-train with other
Finance Specialists in the department to enable all work to be
completed on schedule in peak periods and to provide cross-coverage
when staff are out of the office on vacation or other leave.
- In conjunction with other Finance staff, supports the on-going
training of program staff in fiscal policies and procedures
(especially at program startup).
- Prepare expenditure reports as needed to support program fiscal
- Perform other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and
- Must be proficient with the use of a computer and able to work
in MS Excel and Word software; create spreadsheets and formulas as
well as databases as needed for the program's fiscal support.
- Must be able to type 45 wpm and accurate 10 key by touch.
- Must have basic bookkeeping and math skills, and also the
ability to read financial statements is desirable. Abilities:
- Must be able to relate well to all people of the community
regardless of color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy,
age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability
or socio-economic level.
- Must be able to handle confidential information.
- Must have the ability to prepare and present concise, accurate
and effective oral and written reports.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain effective work
relationships with other employees and representatives of private
and public agencies.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure of many deadlines
and difficult situations.
- Must be able to operate Computer, word processing and
spreadsheet software, calculator, various office machines.
- Must have the ability to understand, comply with and
communicate the Agency's fiscal policies and procedures.
- Must understand, uphold, and continue working toward
accomplishing the mission, strategic goals and performance measures
of the agency. Supervisory Responsibility: Requires working indoors
in temperature-controlled environment with some exposure to copier
and printer chemicals/fumes. Physical Demands: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
- Position requires intermittent standing, sitting, walking,
twisting and bending.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Simple grasping and hand manipulation required as well as
reaching above and below shoulder level. Travel: Travel maybe
required occasionally for training purposes. Additional Eligibility
- Must be at least 18 years of age by date of hire.
- Must comply with the CAPSLO COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, either
being fully vaccinated or sign a COVID-19 vaccination declination
- Based on program, a current TB skin test/Chest X-Ray may be
- Employment is contingent upon meeting all applicable job
requirements and background requirements. A criminal history
clearance is required prior to employment.
- Upon hire, agency staff will check the Megan's Law (or the
current sexual predator website) to ensure each staff being hired
is clear for employment. Agency staff will check the website
annually to ensure all program staff are cleared to work. Other
Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover
or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. Reasonable Accommodations: I have read and
understand the Essential Functions of this position, including the
Responsibilities and Duties. I also acknowledge that the
Responsibilities and Duties for this position may change in the
future with or without prior notice. I further understand that I
can request a reasonable accommodation, should one be necessary for
me to carry out the Essential Functions of this position. I can
perform these with or without reasonable accommodation. Stay
- Keep yourself healthy with our comprehensive Medical, Dental,
Vision and Life Insurance plans (Did we mention we pay your monthly
premium at 100% if you are full time, YES---100 %!)
- Keep your family healthy with the same comprehensive Medical,
Dental, Vision available for you to purchase!
- Address everyday concerns with access to our Employee
Assistance Program for you and your family.
- Get involved with company-sponsored monthly wellness
challenges! Be Financially Fit!
- Save for your future by enrolling into our retirement plan with
generous company matches after 6 month.
- Set aside pre-tax dollars to cover medical or child care
expenses through our Flexible Spending Plans.
- Utilize Discounts from our partners (reduced rates for pet
insurance, cell phone services, car rentals and more). Take time
- Relax, recharge, and reconnect with friends and family or plan
your get away for a few days while using your vacation time awarded
to you every pay period!
- Relax when you are sick, rest assured you are covered by your
awesome team and accrued paid sick time!
- Enjoy the holidays! You get 13 of them---PAID! Havefun at
- Celebrate birthdays and anniversaries with your team!
- Join one of our committees and meet employees across the
- Rock your CAPSLO provided hats, t-shirts, sweaters and
- Be you!
- Southwood Admin, 1030 Southwood Dr, San Luis Obispo,
California, United States of America
Keywords: Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo Co, San Luis Obispo , Finance Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!