Company: Cannon Corp
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: January 12, 2022
You'll Come for a Job---But You'll Stay for an Exciting Career!
Engineering and Designing Reliable, Responsive, Solutions.SINCE
1976, CANNON has provided creative solutions to clients in the
energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and
commercial and residential development. We work hard. We play hard.
We have fun. JOIN CANNON as a RESIDENT ENGINEER in SAN LUIS OBISPO,
CALIFORNIA. San Luis Obispo is on the beautiful central coast of
California, has scenic beaches, is surrounded by the wine country,
and offers endless recreational opportunities. JOB SUMMARYA
Resident Engineer independently performs comprehensive construction
management and contract administration on a variety of complex
public works construction projects. Represents Cannon before public
agencies, consultants, and contractors. Supports all activities
associated with construction management, contract administration,
contract planning and execution, contractors scheduling review and
analysis, change order management, interaction with utility
companies, coordination of materials and soils testing,
coordination of special inspections, and oversight with field
inspection and observation functions as required. Performs
inspections, manages staff inspectors, and coordinates services
between departments. As a Resident Engineer you may do business
development tasks from time to time and establish new contacts and
maintain existing clients. Job Duties
- The Resident Engineer performs construction management of
public works projects such as roadway construction new roads,
overlay, widening, earthwork, drainage, pipelines, water-wastewater
facilities, municipal and transportation structures, and signalized
intersections, and electrical.
- Negotiates, organizes, and maintains thorough and up-to-date
project records and claims documentation.
- Assists with business development, proposals, and
- Uses technical knowledge to furnish comprehensive
constructability analysis and review of construction
- Supports the creation of decisions and recommendations that can
improve corporate relationship with client and profitability of
- Develops and implements construction management plans for
complex civil projects.
- Maintains scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Schedules and manages construction engineering, inspection,
observations services, and administration staff as needed.
- Reviews drawings and project submittals for conformance with
- Coordinates sub consultant activities such as materials
testing, and construction staking.
- Prepares, negotiates, and implements Contract Change Orders
- Communicates effectively with various departments, clients, and
- Meets with contractors to plan and coordinate work, resolve
issues related to work areas, scheduling, sequencing, operations,
budgets and payments, and other contract labor compliance and
- Performs reviews and implementation of CPM Schedule.
- Conducts meetings, including Pre-construction Conference and
Weekly Progress meetings.
- Performs calculations of construction item quantities.
- Analyzes and implements solutions to complex construction
problems and contract issues.
- Ability to think clearly and act quickly with frequent
interruptions to work routine.
- Supervises and mentors inspection and construction management
work of junior engineers.
- Primary point of contact with clients and approving
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or closely
- 8+ years of experience in Construction Management and Civil
- California P.E. license in Civil Engineering.
- Experience in management of client relationships.
- Experienced in coordination with public utility agencies, i.e.
PGandE, ATandT, Charter, SoCal Gas, etc.
- Experience in coordination with government agencies, i.e.
Caltrans, RWQCB, Army Corps, Fish and Game, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in construction safety.
- Knowledge and experience in earthwork, grading and drainage
- Knowledge and experience in streets, roads, and transportation
structures. Caltrans experience a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in water-sewer-storm drain
- Knowledge and experience in traffic control within the
- Knowledge and experience with the implementation of State and
Federal funding provisions, water regulations, and document
- Knowledge and experience in Prevailing Wage requirements and
- Valid CA Class C driver's licenses with acceptable driver's
- Proficiency in use of Construction Management Documentation
Software such as Procore, or EADocs, a plus.
- Proficiency in CPM Project Scheduling software such as MS
Project, Primavera, or Suretrak, a plus.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word and MS Excel.WE OFFER
competitive salaries, relocation assistance, excellent benefits
package, remote work flexibility, and an active and positive team
building, work environment. Equal Employment
Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Keywords: Cannon Corp, San Luis Obispo , Resident Engineer, Engineering , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!