Project Engineer (Mechanical or Process)
Company: Cannon Corp
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: May 12, 2022
You'll Come for a Job---But You'll Stay for an Exciting
Career!Engineering and Designing Reliable, Responsive,
Solutions.SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative solutions to
clients in the energy industry, water resources, public
infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. We work
hard. We play hard. We have fun.JOIN CANNON as a Project Engineer
(Mechanical or Process) in San Luis Obispo, California. San Luis
Obispo is on the beautiful California central coast, has scenic
beaches, is surrounded by the wine country, offers endless
recreational opportunities, and has beautiful year-round
weather.JOB SUMMARY FOR PROJECT ENGINEER (MECHANICAL OR
PROCESS)Under the direction of a Project Manager, this individual
is self-directed. Prepares plans, specifications, calculations, and
estimates in connection with the construction or modification of
engineering projects with emphasis on upstream oil and gas
production, and natural gas processing, compression, storage, and
transmission. Interfaces with clients, piping designers, and other
discipline engineers on project coordination, design, and
follows-up to ensure quality standards are met, efficiency levels
are maintained, and client satisfaction, respect and confidence are
assured. Currently, we are only considering candidates who have 6
years or less experience as an engineer.JOB DUTIES FOR A PROJECT
ENGINEER (Mechanical or Process)
- Conducts fluid hydraulic calculations to generate process data
for instrumentation and equipment (pumps, compressors and turbines,
steam generators, etc.) sizing and specification.
- Determines piping system design pressures.
- Designs relief valves and relief systems including flare
- Performs new designs and/or ratings of piping systems and major
pieces of equipment such as heat exchangers, vessels, valves,
- Develops process flow configurations to meet clients'
- Develops PID's, PFD's, cause and effect charts, and process
- Works with Principal Engineers to complete any simulated heat
and material balances.
- Researches equipment standardization, availability, and
redundancy strategy so client can achieve optimum plant
- Assists the Project Manager with budgets and schedules for
projects and participates in client meetings, proposals, and
presentations. Direct coordination with client staff typical.
- Coordinates activities of project support staff, such as piping
designers and various discipline engineers (electrical, structural,
- Participates in project reviews (PIDs, HAZOP, 3D models) as
part of design follow-up support.
- Researches new technologies to provide productive and reliable
process systems for oil and gas production, water treatment, water
injection, and gas compression systems.
- Coordinates with representative of agencies, utility companies,
vendors, material suppliers, and contractors to obtain information
and guidance, and makes appropriate process and equipment selection
and prepares specification sheets.
- Updates the Project Manager on progress of work and informs
him/her of problems and questions.
- Travels to gather field data for designs and/or support
construction, start-up and commissioning activities at client
facilities (typically within California)..
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited college.
Chemical or Mechanical focus strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years, but no more than 8 years, related process
engineering experience in the chemical, petrochemical, or refining
- Interested in eventually becoming a Project Manager.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills. Ability to
communicate effectively with technical professionals and field
- Good interpersonal skills and fluent in written and spoken
- EIT required. PE, a plus.
- Familiar with applicable industry standard design codes (ASME,
ANSI, API, etc.).
- Field Experience - Basic understanding of how equipment
functions in an upstream oil and gas field and facility.
- Process Design Experience - Must have basic knowledge of
- Equipment design and rating - Ability to design and-or specify
a variety of unit operations for procurement, such as heat
exchangers, vessels, pumps, etc. is a plus.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, 3D piping modeling, AVEVA Engineering,
Microsoft 365 is a plus.
- Process simulation experience using HYSYS, PROCESS or CHEMCAD,
or equivalent, is preferred.WE OFFER competitive salaries,
relocation assistance, excellent benefits package, remote work
flexibility, and an active and positive team building, work
environment.Equal Employment Opportunity M, F, disability,
protected veteran statusPI173460480
Keywords: Cannon Corp, San Luis Obispo , Project Engineer (Mechanical or Process), Engineering , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!