Civil Senior Project Engineer in Public Works
Company: Cannon Corp
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: July 30, 2022
You'll Come for a Job---But You'll Stay for an Exciting
Career!Engineering and Designing Reliable, Responsive,
Solutions.SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative solutions to
clients in the energy industry, water resources, public
infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. We work
hard. We play hard. We have fun.JOIN CANNON as a CIVIL SENIOR
PROJECT ENGINEER IN PUBLIC WORKS in IRVINE. Irvine offers warm
weather, beautiful scenery, and is a top bicycling city with miles
of on-road bicycle lanes and mountain bike trails. It is one of the
safest communities and the public schools have consistently ranked
among the best in California.CIVIL SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER JOB
SUMMARYAssisting team members with a variety of tasks on a wide
range of Public Works projects. Assignments may include mentoring
less-experienced team members on AutoCAD Civil 3D, alignments,
profile, cross sections and corridor design, and representing the
company in coordinating with agencies, clients, and other
consultants.CIVIL SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER JOB DUTIES
- Design and prepares PSandE on a variety of civil engineering
Public Works projects.
- Uses technical knowledge to prepare PS&E for transportation
(roadway and intersection widening, street rehab, streetscape
improvements, complete streets, etc.) storm drain (hydrology and
hydraulics), water quality BMPs, sanitary sewer and water
- Performs calculations for hydrology and hydraulic analyses,
- Performs design and prepares plans in AutoCAD and Civil
- Prepares project specifications in compliance with Greenbook or
Caltrans standard specifications.
- Prepares itemized construction quantities and cost estimates in
Excel spreadsheet format.
- Checks routine designs developed by engineers and-or
- Ensures plan check corrections are adequately addressed.
- Communicates effectively with various departments, clients, and
- Supports project managers in tasks related to developing and
maintaining budgets, schedules, scopes, and work plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited
- A California P.E. license.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in civil engineering and design
specifically pertaining to Public Works projects.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Strong skills using Civil 3D.
- Highly proficient with code principles and able to convey them
to others.WE OFFER competitive salaries, relocation assistance,
excellent benefits package, remote work flexibility, and an active
and positive team building, work environment.Equal Employment
Opportunity M, F, disability, protected veteran
Keywords: Cannon Corp, San Luis Obispo , Civil Senior Project Engineer in Public Works, Engineering , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!