Company: UL LLC
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: January 26, 2023
At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common
purpose to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable
place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and
passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in
knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society,
and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity,
collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront
of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to
find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying?
Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
What you'll learn & achieve:
The Security Engineer performs an evaluation of security products
against the US Common Criteria Scheme (NIAP). This includes
authoring security documentation, evaluating product designs and
performing product testing. A Security Engineer is able to work
independently and performs assigned trusted product evaluation
tasks in accordance with the UL and NIAP technical procedures, with
limited oversight from Senior Security Engineer. -
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: -
- Security analysis of vendor products -
- Product evaluations against the Common Criteria standard
- Security documentation authoring -
- Communication protocols testing - -
- X509 and Public Key Infrastructure testing -
- Device specific operational testing -
- Creation of evaluation reports -
- Presentations and workshops with customers -
- Maintain/improve his/her technical knowledge -
- Learn and use various IT tools used in performing security
- Perform related duties as directed -
What makes you a great fit:
- University Degree (Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree),
preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical
Engineering, Software, Security, or a technically related
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technically both verbally
and in writing -
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to various technical
- Knowledge of computing systems, designs and security principles
- Experience setting up networks and familiarity with IP
addressing schemes. -
- Knowledge of common security related protocols and their design
(i.e. SSH, IPsec, TLS, etc.) -
- Knowledge of cryptographic algorithms and encryption modes
- Nice to Haves: -
- Software development experience -
- Prior experience with Common Criteria. -
- Vulnerability Analysis and/or penetration testing
- Security certifications (Security+, CCNA, etc.) -
- Experience using protocol sniffers, pen-testing tools, etc.
What you'll experience working at UL:
- Mission For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn't new.
Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has
been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply
engrained in everything we do.
- People Ask any UL employee what they love most about working
here, and you'll almost always hear, "the people." Going beyond
what is possible is the standard at UL. We're able to deliver the
best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work Every day is different for us here as we
eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers' create.
We're inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how
people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles,
you will get international experience working with colleagues
around the world.
- Grow & achieve We learn, work and grow together with targeted
development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very
own UL University that offers extensive training programs for
employees at all stages, including a technical training track for
- Total Rewards In the US, we provide lots of great benefits for
our employees are their families. All employees are eligible for
bonus compensation in addition to their annual salary. Many US
employees are eligible to enroll in health, wellness and retirement
saving benefits on day one of employment. We focus on providing
employees with options for healthcare savings such as Healthcare
Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts (that UL
contributes to twice per year!). We also have Employee Assistance
Programs to support your mental health & wellbeing. UL offers a
competitive 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay.
Additionally, we invest 4% into your retirement saving fund after
your first year of continuous employment. UL supports workplace
flexibility based on team & business needs focused on provide
employees stability - employees and managers work together to build
a plan. We also provide employees with paid time off including
vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily.
We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every
day. This is our normal. Curious?To learn more about us and the
work we do, visit UL.com .
Keywords: UL LLC, San Luis Obispo , Security Engineer, Engineering , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!