Mechanical or Process Senior Project Engineer
Company: Cannon Corp
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: November 13, 2023
Cannon CorpYou'll Come for a Job---But You'll Stay for an
Exciting Career!Engineering and Designing Reliable, Responsive,
Solutions.SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative solutions to
clients in the energy industry, water resources, public
infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. We work
hard. We play hard. We have fun.JOIN CANNON as a MECHANICAL OR
PROCESS PROJECT ENGINEER in SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA. San Luis Obispo is
on the beautiful California central coast, has scenic beaches, is
surrounded by the wine country, offers endless recreational
opportunities, and has beautiful year-round weather.JOB SUMMARY FOR
MECHANICAL OR PROCESS PROJECT ENGINEERUnder the supervision of a
Project Manager, this individual can perform work independently.
Prepares plans, specifications, calculations, and estimates in
connection with the construction or modification of engineering
projects. The project work has an emphasis on upstream oil and gas
production, and natural gas processing, compression, storage, and
transmission. Interfaces with clients, piping designers, and other
disciplined engineers on project coordination, and design.
Follow-up to ensure quality standards are met, efficiency levels
are maintained, and client satisfaction, respect and confidence are
assured. Currently, we are only considering candidates who have 6
years or less experience as an engineer.JOB DUTIES FOR A MECHANICAL
OR PROCESS PROJECT ENGINEER
- Conducts fluid hydraulic calculations to generate process data
for instrumentation and equipment (pumps, compressors and turbines,
steam generators, etc.) sizing and specification.
- Determines piping system design pressures.
- Designs relief valves and relief systems including flare
- Performs new designs and or ratings of piping systems and major
pieces of equipment such as heat exchangers, vessels, valves,
- Develops process flow configurations to meet clients'
- Develops PID's, PFD's, cause and effect charts, and process
- Works with Principal Engineers to complete any simulated heat
and material balances.
- Researches equipment standardization, availability, and
redundancy strategy so client can achieve optimum plant
- Assists the Project Manager with budgets and schedules for
projects and participates in client meetings, proposals, and
presentations. Direct coordination with client staff typical.
- Coordinates activities of project support staff, such as piping
designers and various discipline engineers (electrical, structural,
- Participates in project reviews (PIDs, HAZOP, 3D models) as
part of design follow-up support.
- Researches new technologies to provide productive and reliable
process systems for oil and gas production, water treatment, water
injection, and gas compression systems.
- Coordinates with representatives of agencies, utility
companies, vendors, material suppliers, and contractors to obtain
information and guidance, and makes appropriate process and
equipment selection and prepares specification sheets.
- Updates the Project Manager on progress of work and informs
them of problems and questions.
- Travels to gather field data for designs and or support
construction, start-up and commissioning activities at client
facilities (typically within
Keywords: Cannon Corp, San Luis Obispo , Mechanical or Process Senior Project Engineer, Engineering , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!