SMGR - STATION MANAGER (3180 SOUTH BROAD ST)
Company: Chevron Stations Inc.
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: January 12, 2021
Summary At Chevron Stations Inc (CSI), we sell gasoline and
convenience products at our retail stations. We are looking for
hard working people who value safety, enjoy working as a team and
have a positive work attitude. The perfect fit for our team is
self-motivated, dependable and able to work effectively & safely in
a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total customer
focus. The Station Manager (SM) manages the overall operations of
the retail facility. They are responsible to meet and/or exceed
performance and profit goals according to company objectives. These
include but are not limited to; safety, compliance and supervision
of staff. SMs role model and demonstrate the company's core values
of safety, diversity, inclusion, integrity and trust.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the retail facility as it
relates to effectively running the business and managing employee
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, coaching,
managing performance and administering appropriate discipline.
- Overall responsibility for performance and stability of station
including employees, compliance, safety, finances, and operations.
Appropriately leverages support groups as needed (e.g. Human
Resources, Operations, Facilities)
- Understand the importance of and ensure all station employees
comply with local and federal wage & hourly requirements.
- Support and follow established safety, security, quality
guidelines as well as CSI's policies, procedures, practices, and
programs. Handle accidents/incidents professionally and
- Preserve safety of self, fellow employees, and all others in
the work location by utilizing the CSI Loss Prevention process.
Role model safe behaviors.
- Maintain courteous, professional contact with co-workers,
customers, vendors and community at large.
- Reliable and predictable attendance required.
Principal duties include but are not limited to: Store Operations
- Responsible for prioritizing and delegating work, and
effectively manage time through efficient scheduling and usage of
labor hours. Ensure all areas of station operations are covered
including, but not limited to customer service, stocking, cleaning,
- Responsible for merchandising and product inventory management.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Coordinates with other stations to limit out-of-stocks in
station across the zone.
- Follow CSI guidance to ensure correct volume and products in
stores. Conduct audits ensure accurate stock levels.
- Responsible for all cash management activities in compliance
with Loss Prevention processes.
- Coordinate with other SM's to cover resource gaps in the zone
workforce when necessary.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of weekly payroll in
accordance with CSI guidelines.
- Proactively monitors station operating expenses and adjusts
spending as needed.
- Handle escalated customer relations issues and think critically
to implement solutions.
- Regularly review video surveillance footage to monitor station
- Ensures station personnel and contractors comply with CSI's
- Conducts station meetings to create alignment and ensure
effective operations. Communicate all necessary information to
staff enabling them to effectively perform their duties.
- Use various computer programs to support daily operations of
the store. Complete daily administrative tasks regarding retail &
gas sales, deliveries, etc.
- Keep Business Consultant informed of station operations and
assist them in any special assignments or projects. Remain
accountable to the BC for station performance.
- Performs duties as needed or assigned by Business
- Proactively identify hiring needs and partner with relevant
parties to effectively staff the station.
- Create and sustain a diverse and inclusive station environment,
encouraging mutual understanding and respect while promoting a
productive team environment.
- Ensure appropriate onboarding and training of new employees to
support station operations.
- Performance Management:
- Clearly communicate performance expectations for
- Coach direct reports on the performance of their duties;
conduct performance discussions and provide feedback to direct
reports. Take corrective action when appropriate.
- Develop staff through stretch assignments.
Job Specifications Skills and experience include but are not
limited to: Required:
- Previous managerial experience in a retail, food service or
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early
mornings, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle challenging situations professionally,
exercising good judgement.
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal & written communication
- High School graduate or equivalent
- This position is responsible for supervising all employees at
- Rare, limited to required training/coverage for nearby stations
and zone/district meetings.
Physical demands include but are not limited to:
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time on hard and
- Ability to bend, lift weights up to 10 lbs., push, and move
product using proper lifting techniques. Follow the team-lift
concept if objects are too heavy or awkward.
- Work safely with equipment that can create and hold very high
temperatures while always using appropriate personal protective
- Periodic exposure to all outdoor conditions during daylight
- Occasional exposure to walk-in coolers at 34 F.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, CSI
reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. CSI
is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and
inclusive work environment.
Keywords: Chevron Stations Inc., San Luis Obispo , SMGR - STATION MANAGER (3180 SOUTH BROAD ST), Executive , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!