Director, People and Culture
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Headquartered on California's beautiful Central Coast in San
Luis Obispo, with a fast-growing office in high-tech and bustling
Dallas, our company is a unique blend of talent, clients, dreams
and the aspiration to connect brands with people. Job Overview
Hathway is looking for a Director, People and Culture who is
responsible for planning, leading, and managing all activities,
policies and staff of the Human Resource department and all Human
Resource related services for the Organization as a whole. This
role will be in charge of the strategic plan and the daily workflow
of the department and plays a vital role in our hiring processes
and employee programs. In addition, the Director, People and
Culture keeps a pulse on employee relations, ensures practices are
compliant with regulations, and coordinates the administering of
services like onboarding, training and career development.-- The
Director, People and Culture should have a Bachelor's degree in
human resources, business administration or a related field and at
least five years of increasing human resource management experience
and responsibilities. PHR or SPHR or equivalent certification
preferred. A successful candidate must possess keen interpersonal
skills, a natural ability to lead, and a strong sense of
prioritization. Hathway is targeting Director-level for this
position, but this is a "head-of" role, so we are open to a higher
title based on experience. This role is part of the senior
leadership team and reports to the VP of Finance.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand and execute
the organization's human resource and talent strategy particularly
as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting,
retention, and succession planning.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies,
processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the
organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource
programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and
leave, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations,
performance and talent management, productivity, recognition, and
morale, occupational health and safety, and training and
- Partners with Director of Recruiting and Resource Manager on
staffing processes, which include recruiting, interviewing, and
hiring of qualified job applicants and contractors. Most full-time
positions are managerial, exempt, and professional roles.
- Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills
and competencies required for openings and sets salary ranges
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and
proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the
organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that
provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Implements and directs change management practices and
activities in a high growth, fast-paced environment.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal,
state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended
best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to
communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Maintains HRIS system, Payroll Processing and Benefits
- In conjunction with Finance, manages semi-monthly payroll runs,
partial month pay calculations, final checks and other related
onboarding and termination calculations and documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the
organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Comfortable with working virtually with remote employees across
states and timezones.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field required.
- A minimum of five years of human resource experience,
professional services industry preferred.
- HR Certification preferred.
- Prior experience with ADP as a payroll provider is helpful.
Want to join us? There's an infectious energy at Hathway. We
believe that our passion for our craft and desire to strive for
work/life harmony are what set us apart. This is reflected in our 6
core values: Collaboration, Inclusivity, Imagination,
Accountability, Excellence, and Fun! Along with our comprehensive
benefits package, we provide regular company-wide lunches and happy
hours, sponsor epic ping pong and foosball competitions, and
encourage connection and personal development through our Lunch +
Learns - think passion projects and discussion on new technologies
and industry trends. Apply with us by completing the information
below. You will have a chance to attach your resume and relevant
portfolio work when you submit. Cheers! Apply Now Please upload the
following files below: Cover Letter, Resume, and Portfolio (if
applicable) for your application to be considered. Hathway proudly
provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement for all of
the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers
Keywords: Hathway, San Luis Obispo , Director, People and Culture, Executive , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!