Company: Williams Homes
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Relocation assistance available Summary/Objective: Responsible for
the estimating and purchasing of materials and hiring
subcontractors to maintain a competitive edge on costs while
meeting the company's standards of quality, reliability, and
overall performance of subcontractors and suppliers. Essential Job
- Prepare bid packages and send to subcontractors for
- Analyze bids for accuracy/completeness and conformance to bid
scopes and make subcontractor hiring recommendations based on cost,
expertise of subcontractor, and work history.
- Negotiate with subcontractors regarding master contracts,
pricing, cost overruns, extras, or disputes in work scopes to
obtain the best terms and costs.
- Negotiate and prepare contracts, amendments, back charges, and
all other purchasing related documentation with accuracy.
- Research, source, and qualify new subcontractors.
- Complete/verify take-offs and review architectural and site
improvement plans to aid in value- engineering.
- Research new materials and methods for construction of
projects, aesthetics, and quality.
- Work extensively with sales and marketing in determining
product selections for projects.
- Monitor and update master purchasing and budget schedules for
- Research and maintain up to date knowledge of construction
pricing and labor rates.
- Implement purchasing policies, procedures, and best
- Obtain written bids for all quotations including production,
bid concessions, and model home discounts.
- Update scope of work as needed, pricing, and specs.
- Conduct budget reviews to ensure costs are tracking project
- Review spending variances and engage in pricing
- Prepare and distribute all onsite bid sheets and packages,
including latest architectural plans, consultant reports, cover
letter with bid due date, standard trade requirements, list of
options, specific trade requirements, and sequence sheet.
- Manage and issue change orders from Project Managers.
- Provide professional, helpful, and courteous interaction with
all Trade Partners, Field Superintendents.
- Participate In Value Engineering Meetings with Project
Management and all applicable subcontractors during the due
diligence period for a project.
- Prepare preliminary product specifications for new projects to
meet specified spec level and pro forma budget considerations.
- Coordinate with operations in the preparation of on-site
budgets in a timely manner per the Purchasing Schedule.
- Initiate and coordinate the bidding process with minimum of
three competitively priced subcontractors.
- Work with the design and sales team to ensure that homeowner
options, specification changes, and pricing are accurate.
- Actively oversee and maintain a comprehensive rebate program
for all building materials including model and government
- Manage the purchasing department workflow and support personnel
to expedite the processing and execution of contracts.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma required. Associates or Bachelor's in
Business or similarly related major, preferred.
- 3 - 5 years purchasing in new home production.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with general contract terms
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
Newstar knowledge a plus. DISCLAIMER: Please note this job
description is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change at any time with or without notice. Employee may be asked to
perform other duties as assigned. Williams Homes is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Williams Homes, Inc. is not accepting
unsolicited assistance from search/recruiting firms for this
position. Please, no phone calls or emails. All submissions by
search/recruiting firms to any employee at Williams Homes whether
via email, Internet, phone call, or any form and/or method without
a valid written agreement in place for this position will be deemed
the sole property of Williams Homes. No fees will be paid in the
event the candidate is hired by Williams Homes as a result of the
Keywords: Williams Homes, San Luis Obispo , Purchasing Manager, Executive , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!