DCPP (Nuc) Work Week Manager, Senior (ESC) - Diablo Canyon Power Plant (Avila Beach,CA)
Company: PG&E Corporation
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Requisition ID -# 144426 -Job Category: Nuclear Generation -Job
Level: Individual ContributorBusiness Unit: GenerationWork Type:
OnsiteJob Location: Avila Beach; San Luis Obispo - -Department
OverviewDiablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) safely and reliably
produces electricity that is environmentally responsible and cost
effective for our customers and shareholders. - DCPP's mission is
to be the leading nuclear power plant in the country and to:
Inspire and positively influence the industry through our safe,
reliable, and excellent operational performance. Embrace new ideas
to continuously improve our plant and our work environment.
Proactively learn from ourselves and others. Enrich our communities
and the environment, increasing the public's trust and confidence
in nuclear power. -Position SummaryThis is an ESC Local 20
represented exempt classification currently subject to collective
bargaining. -This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented,
Senior Work Week Manager position that requires mastery of the
journey level Work Week Manager job duties. -To obtain and maintain
employment and unescorted access at DCPP, you must be able to pass
a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check,
psychological screen, computer-based training, and be subject to
random drug and alcohol screening. -PG&E is providing the
salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay
for this position at the time of the -job posting. This
compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. - The
actual salary paid to an individual will be -based on multiple
factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education,
licenses or certifications, experience, -market value, geographic
location, collective bargaining agreements, and internal equity. -
-Although we estimate -the -successful candidate hired -into this
role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range,
the decision -will be -made on a case-by-case -basis related to
these factors.--- -A reasonable salary range is:---California
Minimum: $---140,496California Maximum: $187,308 -Job
- Ensure that procedural guidelines are followed for the
development, review, and implementation of the daily on-line or
outage schedule including the appropriate scope freeze deadlines
and scope control in accordance with work control/outage guidelines
and applicable procedures.
- Review to assure correct schedule placement of maintenance,
modifications, engineering tests and walk-downs, operation's
Surveillance Test Procedures (STP), clearances, and support groups
(e.g., radiation protection, Quality Control) during T-0 on-line
and during curtailments and outages (planned or unplanned) as
- Review scheduled work for license basis impact, to assure
correct Post Maintenance Testing (PMT), Operations Verification
Testing (OVT) is assigned and scheduled, to verify operational
clearance and technical specification sheets are correctly
prepared, and availability of resources to support the schedule.
This includes working with operations, maintenance teams, system
engineers, preventive maintenance (PM) and Surveillance Test
Procedure (STP) program owners and others as necessary to assure
the schedule is correct.
- Facilitate near term schedule development meetings to identify
issues that may impact scheduled work.
- Act as the single point of contact for scheduled activities and
their interfaces to the DCPP organization during the implementation
week or outage implementation timeframe.
- Provide a direct interface between and assure coordination of
DCPP organizations to assure timely completion of scheduled
- Perform evaluation of emergent work, coordinate and assure
approve of all additions to the schedule in accordance with
guidelines, and applicable procedures.
- Facilitate the T+1 weekly critique. Lead the discussion of
identified schedule deltas, with the goal of improving the work
- During all reviews, endeavor to schedule activities in a way
that supports As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) radiation
work practices, and supports a safe working environment for both
personnel and plant equipment.
- Review, prioritize and categorize all daily/outage SAP
equipment deficiency Notifications.
- Uses independent judgment in selecting and applying maintenance
scheduling methods and techniques to determine cost-effective and
- Approve weekly on line/outage schedules and scope in accordance
with applicable procedures, scheduling guidelines, and the DCPP 12
week matrix framework.
- Advise on modifications or enhancements related to coordination
and scheduling of maintenance work control process, and procedures
affecting internal and/or external organizations. This includes
coordination with power generation in San Francisco, and DCPP 500
kV yard directly or with B-1 notifications.
- Provides an interface with management to address any specific
problems which may arise in their assigned work week and may be
assigned work identified as meeting the needs of an "emerging
- Evaluating the effect of planned maintenance on overall plant
- May participate in an assigned Emergency Response Organization
position (may be part of an on-call duty team).
- An employee who performs the duties of a Work Week Manager and
may be required to perform such additional duties as supporting
developing training programs, performing training, directing,
reviewing and/or approving the work of a journey level Work Week
Manager, and assisting supervisors in coordinating and scheduling
work assignments. It is recognized that such duties may also be
performed by non-unit supervisors. -QualificationsMinimum:
- Experience as Work Week Manager or equivalent, 8 years
- Project management experience
- A Senior Reactor Operator/Reactor Operator license or
- Knowledge of the T-12 Work Control and/or outage process and
- Knowledge of DCPP scheduling processes and tools (ORAM, Remos,
SAP, ESOMS, Action Tracking, PIMS).
- Knowledge of DCPP Technical Specifications
- Knowledge and experience with DCPP maintenance work control
processes, guidelines, and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience with DCPP systems, structures,
components and facilities, and interfaces and interactions.
- Knowledge of with Primavera Project Planner (P3E) scheduling
software and all scheduling tools, including milestone structure
and work monitoring.
- Knowledge of Senior Reactor Operator/Reactor Operator License
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, San Luis Obispo , DCPP (Nuc) Work Week Manager, Senior (ESC) - Diablo Canyon Power Plant (Avila Beach,CA), Executive , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!