Manager, Platform Engineering
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Our dream of revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry is
no small feat, and we're looking for talented people to make it a
reality. When you join Mindbody + ClassPass, you'll work with kind,
intelligent people and enjoy unrivaled benefits. You'll also share
in a true culture of purpose and passion centered around helping
people live happier, healthier lives. We're not just another
thriving company-we're far and away the leader of our industry. So
join the team, and let's see what we can accomplish together!Who we
areAt Mindbody + ClassPass, we're innovating for the future of
wellness by bringing together the best of both sides of the market:
Mindbody is the industry's most trusted technology platform,
empowering tens of thousands of wellness brands around the world
with the software and resources they need to run and grow their
businesses. ClassPass is one of the most popular apps for fitness
lovers and self-care enthusiasts, partnering with over 30,000
fitness studios, gyms, salons, and spas around the world. We're on
a mission to create a wellness community for all-opening the doors
to more authentic, local wellness experiences than ever
before.About the right team memberDevelop and build scalable,
reliable, and secure cloud infrastructure. Automate software
deployment processes and maintain related tools. Improve customer
experience by monitoring application performance, releasing
incremental updates and proactively correcting operational issues.
Work closely with application development teams to continuously
evolve developer experience.About the roleThe Manager, Platform
Engineering leads a high-performance team of technology
professionals who are passionate about technology and proud of the
service they provide to the global wellness community. This role is
responsible for continued leadership and direction of the Mindbody
Cloud Services offerings and its evolution as part of the cloud
strategic technology transformation initiatives. The pursuit of
continuous improvement, a modernized technology stack, efficient,
elastic hybrid-cloud services, and motivating an agile culture are
some of the challenges ahead in achieving scalability.Skills &
- 5+ years of experience in leading/managing enterprise level
- 3+ years of experience in leading/managing cloud-based
technologies (PaaS, IaaS, Cloud Infrastructure Services).
- Experience leading transformation and transition of IT
organizations from the classic data center to open cloud
- Previous experience working with container orchestration tools
(Kubernetes, Docker Swam).
- Strong understanding of scripting languages (TypeScript,
PowerShell, Python, Perl).
- Experience in establishing architecture and best practices in a
large-scale distributed system environment.
- Experience building and delivering large scale Cloud Services
(IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Proficient in platform design, architecture & administration
and use of CLI tools.
- Proficient in Git and similar repository management.
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code (Terraform,
- Knowledge of networking (e.g. DNS, VLANs).
- Familiar with Linux, microservice & emerging cloud resource
monitoring and performance analysis tools.
- Familiar with database concepts and SQL.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals,
develop and execute.
- Strong technical background in Cloud Infrastructure, with
previous experience as a high performing individual
contributor.Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide thought leadership for managing transformation to cloud
technologies and communicate cloud feature adoption through
- Develop DevOps processes and procedures to rapidly transition
new Cloud Services into production.
- Create a framework for onboarding and launch a partnership
program with the cloud service provider that includes technology
and architecture collaboration, requirement setting, and support
for early adopter teams.
- Responsible for managing and optimizing Cloud costs.
- Ensure existing and all future Cloud services are highly
available, scalable and secure.
- Work with architects and software engineering leadership to
develop and promote the adoption of large-scale cloud services,
architecture, and standards.
- Provide support services and training to product development
teams to aid their consumption of cloud services and ensure
adherence to best practices and standards.
- Create and continuously improve new and streamlined management
processes based on the new practices and patterns needed for
cloud-based services delivery.
- Manage a team that assists development groups in the
accelerated adoption of cloud technologies and associated CI/CD
tools and methodologies.
- Deliver insightful recommendations in a concise, and persuasive
- All other duties as assigned.It is Mindbody's intent to pay all
Team Members competitive wages and salaries that are motivational,
fair and equitable. The goal of Mindbody's compensation program is
to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of
all current employees, and encourage Team Members to stay with our
organization.Actual compensation packages are based on several
factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not
limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and
specific work location.The base salary range for this position in
the United States is $117,300 to $176,000. The total compensation
package for this position may also include performance bonus,
stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation
plans.Have we piqued your curiosity?Sound like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you! Even if you're not 100% sure about
potential fit, we still encourage you to apply. We're looking for
the right person, not the perfect series of checkboxes.Mindbody is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our
company and encourage people of all different backgrounds,
experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, disability status, or other protected characteristics.
Keywords: Mindbody, San Luis Obispo , Manager, Platform Engineering, Executive , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...