Manager - RN Case Management Full Time Days
Company: Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Provides assistance to the Director of Case Management in the management of the department, but not limited to, hiring/training/managing staff, schedule coordination, analysis and reporting, interfacing, collaborating and working closely with the other departments. Utilization Management supporting medical necessity and denial prevention.Transition Management promoting appropriate length of stay, readmission prevention and patient satisfaction.Care Coordination by demonstrating efficient throughput while assuring care is sequenced and at the appropriate level of care. Accountable for compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements, TJC accreditation standards and Tenet policy.Provides education to physicians, patients, families and caregivers.Facilitates educational programs for Case Management Department on community resources use in discharge planning that encourages professional growth .Provides reports to DCM and hospital leadership as requested.
As such, the individual's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following activities:
1. Coordination of clinical care (medical necessity, appropriateness of care and resource utilization for admission, continued stay, discharge and post-acute care) compared to evidenced-based practice, internal and external requirements.
2. Identify and report variances in appropriateness of medical care provided, over/under utilization of resources compared to evidenced-based practice and external requirements. This priority includes work with relevant software and communicating information through clear, complete and concise documentation in CM software.
3. Effective collaboration with physicians, nurses, ancillary staff, payors, patients and families to achieve optimum clinical outcomes.
4. Remain current with relevant clinical / case management practices.
5. Assist Director with daily operational oversight and supervision of Departmental staff.
-Lift/position up to 25 lbs. Push/pull up to 25 lbs. of force.
-Frequent sitting. Moderate standing, walking, reaching, stooping, and bending
-Manual dexterity, mobility, touch, auditory to perform all the related duties of the position
RN Graduate of an accredited school of nursing Must be currently licensed, certified or registered to practice profession as required by law or regulation in state of practice or policy. Active RN license for state(s) covered.
Two years of acute hospital case management or healthcare experience.
Required skills include demonstrated organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication
skills, ability to lead and coordinate activities of a diverse group of people in a fast paced environment,
critical thinking and problem solving skills and computer literacy
Bachelors or Masters degree in nursing (BSN or MSN).
Five years of acute hospital case management leadership experience.
Accredited Case Manager (ACM)
Pay Range: $51.18 - $81.91
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, an individual's qualifications and experience
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center, San Luis Obispo , Manager - RN Case Management Full Time Days, Executive , San Luis Obispo, California
here to apply!