Cal Poly Construction Management Tenure Track Position
Company: California Polytechnic State University
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: January 8, 2019
The Construction Management (CM) Department within the College of Architecture and Environmental Design is seeking applications for a faculty tenure track position at the assistant professor level. We are seeking candidates who emphasize teaching first, who are grounded in field experience, and who are prepared to teach across an undergraduate construction management curriculum. Candidates should have a strong interest in and are expected to:
1. Teach undergraduate courses within the Construction Management program;
2. Advise students as appropriate on department, college, and university policy;
3. Work with and mentor student organizations, clubs, and competition teams;
4. Collaborate with related disciplines, industry partners, and the central coast community;
5. Pursue scholarship of teaching, research, professional development and outreach based on the university's teacher-scholar model. Required qualifications for appointment to the position:
1. A master's degree in construction or a construction related field from an accredited institution.
2. 5 years relevant professional experience in the United States construction industry or comparable international experience.
3. Ability to communicate effectively, work cooperatively with students, faculty, staff, and administrators from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds, conduct themselves professionally, and perform appropriate service functions at the department, college, and university level.
4. Demonstrable commitment to inclusion and diversity. Preferred qualifications for the position:
- Doctorate appropriate to the position, or the ability and commitment to earn a doctorate in construction management or other designated terminal degree prior to being considered for tenure.
- Professional certifications or licenses related to the construction industry.
- 3 years of professional experience in a project management or supervisory capacity.
- Relevant teaching experience, with preference given to teaching experience in higher education.
- Demonstrate an ability to conduct independent research, publish papers, and attract outside funding related to construction management.
- Be capable of effectively advising/mentoring/coaching undergraduate construction management students, develop undergraduate curriculum, and participate in regional/national seminars, workshops, and committees.
- Competency in construction management software applications.
- Ability to teach in an integrated curriculum applied to a variety of construction building areas including: design management, jobsite management, residential, commercial, heavy civil, and/or specialty.
- A construction related specialization; including but not limited to Building Information Modeling (BIM), Integrated Project Delivery (IPD), lean construction, building services, sustainability, etc. Cal Poly's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. Employer is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply for consideration. To apply:
Visit WWW.CALPOLYJOBS.ORG, apply to requisition #105114. For full consideration, please apply by the review begin date of January 16, 2019. YourMembership. Keywords: Construction Science - Faculty Position, Location: San Luis Obispo, CA - 93407
Keywords: California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo , Cal Poly Construction Management Tenure Track Position, Executive , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!