RN Orthopedic Program Coordinator
Company: French Hospital Medical Center
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: April 5, 2021
About French Hospital Medical CenterFrench Hospital Medical Center,
located in San Luis Obispo, California, has been named one of the
Nation's 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics, and is rated
among the top hospitals in the nation for cardiac, orthopedic and
GI services. French Hospital has achieved prestigious designation
as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. The Copeland,
Forbes, and Rossi Cardiac Care Center provides the latest
innovative cardiac and imaging technology. The hospital is home to
the unique Hearst Cancer Resource Center offering free education,
resources and support to cancer patients and their families. In
addition, an expansion and modernization project is underway at
French Hospital, including construction of the Copeland Health
Education Pavilion, which will provide community access to
comprehensive health care education resources free of charge.
French is a Dignity Health Central Coast hospital which also
includes Arroyo Grande Community Hospital in Arroyo Grande, CA,
Marian Regional Medical Center in Santa Maria, CA, St. John's
Regional Medical Center in Oxnard, CA and St. John's Pleasant
Valley in Camarillo, CA. Dignity Health Central Coast is an
integrated network of top quality hospitals, physicians from the
most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient
services including primary care offices, premier ambulatory surgery
centers, technologically-advanced laboratories and imaging centers
and a full service home health agency; all recognized for quality,
safety and service. Each hospital is supported by an active
philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs
of our communities. To learn more go to
Responsibilities In keeping with the philosophy of Dignity Health,
the incumbent in this position is responsible for the coordination
of orthopedic services provided in association with total joint
replacement surgery performed at French Hospital Medical Center.
This Orthopedic Program Coordinator reports to the Chief Nurse
- Current California Registered Nurse
- Current BLS Certification - American Heart Assoc.
- 3 to 5 years of surgery experience and/or medical surgical
floor nurse experience providing post-surgical care to
- Experience coordinating orthopedic services provided in
association with joint replacement surgery performed at an acute
- Experience with staging continual in-services for nursing,
- Experience with pre-admit.
- Experience with data tracking and Management and Quality
- Experience with surgical scheduling, insurance authorizations,
and pre-surgery tests.
- Patient education events. D
- Demonstrated ability to work with various hospital departments
- Computer skills including statistical data collection and
analysis and database management.
- Experience in patient file review and appropriate
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to initiate and execute workload independently and to
function effectively in high stress environment.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and maintain strict
confidentiality in all job related matters.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize as efficiently as possible.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent patient care and interpersonal
- Responsive to patient phone calls.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to drive processes.
- Ability to positively interact with all levels of employees and
- Strong problem solving, time management, and financial
- Previous experience working with total joint replacement
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, care, mhb, nurse, nurse
clinical, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgery, unit
Keywords: French Hospital Medical Center, San Luis Obispo , RN Orthopedic Program Coordinator, Healthcare , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!