Registered Nurse OR (Pool) - San Luis Obispo Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: January 12, 2022
US-CA-San Luis Obispo# of Openings: 1Category: Per DiemSystem
ID: 11476Group Name: TGSOverviewSurgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is
transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly
create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health
systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and
healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to
achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and
a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower
total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA's
10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that
serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on
SCA, visit .Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible
on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability
- Excellent 401(k) Plan Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Provides nursing care to ensure the safety of the patient.
- Directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic, sterile
techniques, and procedures.
- To perform various tasks as an OR circulator.
- Assumes responsibility that the OR is prepared for the
- Assist in transporting patient to OR and checks patient record
for appropriate pre-op preparation and procedures.
- Verifies that appropriate surgical prep is completed.
- Completes documentation for OR records, laboratory
requisitions, and patient chart
- Supervises and assists with the proper and safe positioning of
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument counts
- Takes ownership for all surgical specimens properly.
- Secures emergency equipment and supplies as needed.
- Provides assistance to teammates, surgeons, and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills that promote safe patient care.
QualificationsEducation - Required:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the State as a Registered Nurse
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS/PALS certification within six months of hire date
(applicable to scope of service)Education - Preferred:
- Computer literacy
- BSN DegreeExperience:
- Previous work experience in an ambulatory surgery setting or
acute hospital operating room of no less than one (1)
- Ability to meet deadlines
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, San Luis Obispo , Registered Nurse OR (Pool) - San Luis Obispo Surgery Center, Healthcare , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!