Patient Care Tech (POOL) - San Luis Obispo Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: January 12, 2022
US-CA-San Luis Obispo# of Openings: 1Category: Per DiemSystem
ID: 18775Group Name: TGSOverviewSurgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is
transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly
create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health
systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and
healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to
achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and
a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower
total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA's
10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that
serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on
SCA, visit .Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible
on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability
- Excellent 401(k) Plan Accountabilities / ResponsibilitiesWe are
actively hiring for an Patient Care Technician (PCT).
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA.
- Comply with the SCA and facility policy and procedures.
- Function as an assistive person by
- Protecting the patient from injury caused by extraneous objects
and chemical, electrical, mechanical, and thermal sources
- Demonstrating safe operation of equipment machinery and follows
procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation
- Speaking up with safety concerns acting as the patient's
- Handling specimens according to facility policy and
- Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal
- Performing interventions to protect the patient from
- Assembling supplies and equipment;
- Assuming an active role in assisting patient with care
- Proactively optimizes opportunities to enhance flow and
efficiency of the center;
- Orienting patient to environment;
- Maintaining patient normothermia;
- Assisting with patient transfers;
- Assisting throughout the facility in environmental
- Protecting the patient's rights, dignity, and privacy
- Providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care
within legal standards of practice.
- Complying with Universal Protocol and facility site validation
and time-out policy.
- Notify the RN any observed changes in patient's status and
- Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate,
concise and pertinent to the patient's condition and response to
- Document episode of care accurately, timely, completely, and
- Monitor vital signs and recognize emergencies and notify
- Clean and prepare equipment according to manufacturer's
instructions for use.
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills
with members of the team and other stakeholders.
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in patient
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster
effective work relationships.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth.
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and
confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Comply with all SCA and facility policies and procedures,
regulatory and accreditation standards and professional guidelines
when providing patient care.
- Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Certified Medical Assistant (MA)/Nursing Assistant
(CNA)/Patient Care (PCT) preferred.
- Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of
employment or documentation of current BCLS certification.
- Knowledge of medical terminology Working Conditions/Physical
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases,
chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patients and equipment
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working irregular hours
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, San Luis Obispo , Patient Care Tech (POOL) - San Luis Obispo Surgery Center, Healthcare , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!