Phlebotomist - Blood Bank, FT / SLO. No cert reqd.
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: May 6, 2022
PRIMARY PURPOSE:Under direct supervision, this position is
responsible for performing all duties related to the efficient,
safe, and compliant collection of blood and blood products. Works
collaboratively as a member of the team and in alignment with the
values of the organization.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Performs all
assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external
regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of
blood and blood products (e.g., computerized medical screening,
phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, and daily quality
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely.
Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership
positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with
current customer service standards to represent a positive image
for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are
in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
assigned.REQUIREMENTS:Knowledge/ Education: High School graduate or
GED required. License/ Certification: Valid in-state driver's
license preferred.Experience: Minimum one year work experience
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform
all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an
active team member.
- Ability to travel, as required.
Keywords: Vitalant, San Luis Obispo , Phlebotomist - Blood Bank, FT / SLO. No cert reqd., Healthcare , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!