Certified Medical Assistant
Company: California Practice Staff
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: January 22, 2023
FCPP Women's Health
$3000 Sign On Bonus
A non-exempt medical office position responsible for providing
direct nursing care in a medical office setting under the direction
of a physician, assists medical providers, and maintains a clean
and safe environment in accordance with the policies and procedures
of the practice.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy,
objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy
Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program
by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed
in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules,
regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that
affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and
reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate
- Assists in the assessment of patient needs and health plan by
taking vital signs, history, medication listing, assessing visual
acuity and determining chief complaint. Assesses patients physical
and mental status.
- Completes all necessary documentation in the patient s medical
record in accordance with practice s charting policy.
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical
treatments, exams and medical procedures
- Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular
and subcutaneous and intradermal injections. Performs
venipunctures, CLIA-Waived and non-CLIA Waived lab testing.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients
and visitors. This includes cleaning, sterilizing, and storing
instruments in accordance with practice policies. Stocks rooms in
preparation for the daily work schedule. Takes inventory of medical
and exam room supplies.
- Complies with established personal protective equipment
requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and
other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants,
radiation, and other hazardous substances.
- Arranges for specialized consultations and appointments for
testing as ordered by the physicians. Notifies appropriate
insurance personnel to pre-certify surgeries or tests ordered by
the physician or other health care provider, which require
pre-certification by the insurance company.
- Answering office phones, assisting front desk in scheduling
appointments and directing calls appropriately.
- Assists in checking out patients and assists them with referral
processing and scheduling process
- Assist in other functions of the physician practice as needed
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program OR
equivalent relevant work experience in lieu of education
Certification: Medical Assistant preferred (required in some
departments, will allow 90 days to obtain it) CPR/BLS certification
Experience: Highly prefer at least one year of experience working
in a physician office
Tenet Healthcare/TPR complies with federal, state, and/or local
laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are
offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable
law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or
obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to
your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination
requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in
accordance with the law.
Pay Range: $20.03 - $30.04
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an employee's qualifications and
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: California Practice Staff, San Luis Obispo , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!