Company: California Practice Staff
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: March 19, 2023
FCPP Cardiology OfficeTriage Nurse for the practice General
Summary: The Registered Nurse is responsible for patient triage and
education, assisting physicians during office hours and follow-up
on prescriptions, procedures and tests. Maintain chart
documentation to ensure all information about visit is completed
and documented correctly. Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy,
objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy
Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program
by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed
in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules,
regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that
affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and
reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate
- Assists in the assessment of patient needs and treatment plan
by taking vital signs, blood pressure, patient history, medication
listing, and determining chief complaint. Provide Physicians with
assessments of patient condition.
- Performs tests as directed by physician.
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical
treatments, exams and medical procedures.
- Draws lab specimens and prepares them for lab transport,
including completion of lab forms and/or computer entry.
- Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular
and subcutaneous injections.
- Assists with patient teaching and instructions.
- Triages patients to determine which are emergencies and
provides immediate support if deemed necessary. Notifies provider
of medical emergencies.
- Assist in the development and documentation of patient care
protocols and procedures and patient education materials.
- Compile and analyze variety of medical, statistical, and
operational data and prepare reports for outcomes measurement and
- Review treatment forms to verify data required to maximize
reimbursement has been identified. Route relevant information from
patient to appropriate department personnel.
- Ensure information is appropriately entered into Electronic
Health Record. Education: High school diploma/GED and completion of
an accredited nursing program Certification: Current State RN
nursing license. Current CPR certification. Experience: Must have a
minimum of two years of clinical experience working in a physician
officeTenet Healthcare/TPR complies with federal, state, and/or
local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you
are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any
applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full
vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical
exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption
from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to
regular testing in accordance with the law. #LI-SK1Employment
practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or
employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any
other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: California Practice Staff, San Luis Obispo , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...