Part-time Associate (Cashier)
Company: Smart&final Stores
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Part-time Associate (Cashier)913 - San Luis Obispo Extra
We are searching for an experienced Part-time Associate (Cashier)
at 1321 Johnson Avenue, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: -The Part-Time Associate
-reports to the Store Manager and performs management-assigned
duties, which may include but may not be limited to receiving
inventory, stocking and maintaining a store section, operating a
cash register, carry-out services and store cleaning.Specific
duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a store section as assigned and may order, receive and
stock merchandise using proper equipment, assures proper pricing on
merchandise, checks product date codes to validate proper rotation,
stocks shelves, end displays, floor stacks, displays and
refrigerated/frozen cases. May prepare perishable products for
sale. Sets up advertising/promotional displays. Reviews
invoices/bills for accuracy.
- Cleans and maintains sanitation standards in all interior and
exterior areas of store and parking lot as directed by store
- Operates a cash register, receives payment from customers, and
makes change or processes check/charge/debit transactions.
Processes cash and/or credit refunds, when approved by management.
- Verifies customer eligibility when selling alcoholic
- Offers friendly, knowledgeable, efficient and courteous
assistance to customers by providing them with current store and
product information. When requested, loads customer purchases by
assisting customers to their vehicles.
- Performs basic bookkeeping duties. - Records lost/damaged goods
and store supplies using appropriate tools. - -Candidates must
possess the following skills:
- Ability to read and write English, interact with general public
and co-workers. -
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, product
labels, product pricing
codes, shelf tags, short correspondence, and memos. -
- Ability to write simple correspondence. -
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to
customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 60 pounds. -
- Basic PC/Outlook skills preferred.
Required Qualifications:Retail Management Certificate is
desirable.Smart & Final provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
Keywords: Smart&final Stores, San Luis Obispo , Part-time Associate (Cashier), Hospitality & Tourism , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!