Office / Human Resources Assistant - Temp to Hire
Company: Cannon Corp
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Cannon CorpDescription: You'll Come for a Job---But You'll Stay
for an Exciting Career! Engineering and Designing Reliable,
Responsive, Solutions. SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative
solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources,
public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development.
We work hard. We play hard. We have fun. JOIN CANNON as an Office
Assistant in our San Luis Obispo office. San Luis Obispo is on the
beautiful central coast of California, has temperate weather,
scenic beaches, is surrounded by the wine country, and offers
endless recreational opportunities. JOB SUMMARY as an Office
Assistant, under general supervision of the Human Resource
Director, you will assist the company with a variety of tasks, such
as: providing general administrative support to various
departments, filing, copying, archiving, typing, answering phones,
running errands, maintaining kitchen and supply room, and assisting
with company events and meetings. Assist HR Department with resume
screening and review, as well as pre-employment coordinating. This
position supports all departments, services, and functions,
maintains workflow for administrative tasks, and works on a regular
basis with all employees, managers, Directors, and receptionist.
This position will be on a temp to hire basis and doesn't have the
flexibility to work from home. JOB DUTIES
- Performing routine office tasks necessary for the operation of
a professional office.
- Supporting company events, training, and meetings - working
closely with Human Resources, Marketing, and other group(s) by
providing advanced coordination, marketing, and day of facilitation
and event clean-up.
- Assisting with various office projects.
- Assisting HR department with screening applicants for a variety
of open positions.
- Filing, auditing, copying, and basic word processing.
- Inventorying and tracking various supplies: office supplies and
marketing material, etc.
- Performing basic tasks in Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Answering phones.
- Cleaning/stocking kitchen and supply room.
- Conducting company and client deliveries.
- Running errands: purchasing kitchen supplies, picking up
lunches, purchasing items for meetings and events, dry cleaning,
- Stamping/sorting/delivering mail.
- Regular tracking and processing administrative expenses.
- Coordinating interoffice mail to outer offices.
- Ability to calmly respond in stressful situations or under
pressure from office members.
- Archiving project files.
- Decorating office for events and holidays throughout the year,
(i.e. Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas). .Requirements:
- Requires at least 2 years work experience in an administrative
function within an office setting.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have a valid CA driver's license.
- Must have own car, clean driving record, and valid automobile
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Experience with reviewing resumes and screening applicants for
- Strong time-management skills and ability to prioritize work,
projects, and requests.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with varying personalities.
- Ability to lift and carry boxes and supplies on a weekly/daily
basis, up to 35 lbs. without accommodation.
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, handle, push, and lift
frequently when performing job duties.
- Ability to type 40+ words per minute.
- Experience answering multi-line phone is preferred.
Keywords: Cannon Corp, San Luis Obispo , Office / Human Resources Assistant - Temp to Hire, Human Resources , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!