Company: LAGS Surgery Center, Bakersfield
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: November 15, 2018
Job Description This position will ensure that employees' time records are entered into the payroll system according company's policies and procedures related to employee compensation. Prepare payroll and other checks manually, as requested and authorized by the Controller (supervisor). Bring any unusual transaction to the attention of the supervisor. Tasks
- Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into computers.
- Compile employee time and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and submit them to the Supervisor.
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system.
- Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees.
- Review payroll reports to ensure accuracy and completeness of pay data.
- Work closely with the Human Resources Department to ensure that new hires, terminations, pay raises, payroll deductions, etc. are handled accurately.
- Other accounting/bookkeeping tasks assigned by Supervisor.EducationHigh School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)Associate's Degree (or other 2-year degree) Preferred.Must have at least two years demonstrated and relevant experience in a similar size organization. Experience in processing payroll for a medical facility preferred.Must possess needed skills to process computerized payroll for 300+ employees.Company DescriptionLAGS Surgery Center, focuses on offering a high quality, service oriented environment for outpatient surgical procedures. We are Medicare and Joint Commission accredited and offer:- A comfortable, welcoming facility- Caring, friendly, highly skilled staff- State-of-the-art medical equipment- The latest advances in ambulatory surgery and anesthesia procedures- A great work environment with generous benefits
Keywords: LAGS Surgery Center, Bakersfield, San Luis Obispo , Payroll Clerk, Human Resources , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!