Fiber Permit Technician III
Company: Astound Broadband Powered by Wave
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Astound Broadband Powered by Wave is looking for a Permit
Coordinator for the San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara County area.
The Permit Coordinator will play an important role in the team
ensuring quality and timely deliveries of our services building
fiber to our customers in the Southern Coast-San Luis Obispo and
Santa Barbara Counties. Under supervision prepare pole applications
and ROW permits for approval by the permitting authority. Outside
plant construction and project management skills with the ability
to work independently, sufficient experience with computers and the
ability to use the applicable software that is used enabling a
successful fiber build.Responsibilities:
- Complete estimates for enterprise commercial projects.
- Plan routes from the current network finding the best route to
permit to the customer location.
- Work with the construction lead.
- Prepare all permits for; Railroads, Caltrans, Cities, Counties
and Utilities ensuring timely permit approval.
- Attend coordination and progress meetings.
- Under the direction of the Construction Lead perform site
pre-inspections and post- construction audits.
- Work with many different resources; implementation team,
network engineers, field personnel and contractors to ensure
quality and timely delivery of our service.
- Learn how to prepare construction proposals for the sales
- Assist in troubleshooting fiber circuits and other
- Help the Construction Lead with as build documentation updating
the Fiber Engineering Team.
- Work flexible hours, which would include nights and
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic that can
provide high productivity with minimal supervision.
- Perform all work as necessary to conform to quality control
guidelines (includes compliance with requirements outlined in
applicable regulations such as: OSHA, FCC, NESC and NEC, GO 95, GO
128 etc ; as well as following procedures as outlined in the
Installation, Technical, Operations, and Safety Manuals, and
Employee Handbook). -
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.Qualifications
- 5 years Cable Television or Telecommunications technical
- 7-10 years of experience in working and/or supervising a cable
TV/telecommunications construction department
- Successful completion of the NCTI Service Technician course
and/or SCTE Certification
- Knowledge of National Electrical Codes and G.O.95 and 128
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
(i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Knowledge of cable television products and services
- Vision ability; close vision, peripheral vision and ability to
adjust focusDiverse Workforce / EEO:Astound Broadband recognizes
and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce, and
strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique
contributions of each of our employees. WDH requires a drug test,
background check, and employment / education verification as a
condition of employment. WDH is an equal opportunity employer and
will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran
status, and the presence of a non-job related handicap or
disability, or any other legally protected status.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Astound Broadband Powered by Wave, San Luis Obispo , Fiber Permit Technician III, IT / Software / Systems , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!