Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: February 23, 2019
Java Engineer USA-CA-San Luis Obispo-San Luis Obispo - Information Technology Java Engineer Offering educational opportunities to help consumers understand and leverage access to credit can help them make smarter decisions that improve financial standing and quality of life. John Danaher, EVP What we ll bring:
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- We prize flexibility, continuous improvement and openness, and offer a unique opportunity to combine technology with client relations and support. What you ll bring:
- At least three years of development experience with Java EE related technologies
- An advanced understanding of Linux which includes scripting (Shell or Perl)
- Experience working in an Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment environment What we d prefer to see:
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience leading application support initiatives
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Hands on experience working with Docker containers
- Proficiency in creating UML and BPMN modeling language diagrams Impact you ll make:
- You ll partner with our Development Manager to build out and maintain back-end service level applications for our direct, indirect, and international businesses
- You ll write efficient and maintainable Java code based on technical guidelines, design documents, and industry best practices
- You ll assist junior software engineers solve technical problems and mentor them in writing high quality code
- You ll review code for defects and quality against technical documents and standard practices
- You ll design and implement unit tests for software application modules
- You ll translate business requirements into technical design documents
- You ll generate accurate implementation estimates based on technical documents, business requirements, and team member s abilities
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. - provided by Dice Agile, Business Requirements, Development, Development Manager, Java, Linux, Manager, Modeling, Perl, Scrum, UML
Keywords: TransUnion, San Luis Obispo , Java Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!