Software Engineer II (Java)
Company: Tapestry Solutions
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: April 12, 2019
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of
industry experience designing, implementing, training and
supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with
high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology
and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85
defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US
locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating
bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Software Engineer II
Location: San Luis Obispo, Ca.
Assists with the development, documentation and maintenance of
architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for
software systems. Develops and maintains code and integrates
software components into a fully functional software system. May
assist with test procedures to ensure software system requirements
are met. Supports software project management. May elect, tailor
and deploy processes and tools; may establish metrics. Performs
software research and trade studies. Troubleshoots software issues.
Works under general supervision. Follows company software standards
* With general supervision, develops, documents, maintains and unit
tests code by utilizing software development environments and
programming languages in order to implement design and satisfy
* Develops, documents and maintains designs for software consistent
with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by
applying established methods and practices.
* Performs troubleshooting of defects. Proposes solutions to
* Supports development, documentation and maintenance of software
* May support software requirements development by performing
analyses, preparing flow and logic diagrams and performing trade
studies. May support interface definition and allocation of
requirements between hardware, software, and operators. May
participate in requirements reviews.
* May select, tailor and deploy processes and tools; may establish
* May perform evaluations, contribute to proposals, assess benefits
of available technologies and perform trade studies.
* May perform troubleshooting of operational and integration
issues. May maintain and analyze performance data and advise more
experienced engineers of potential issues.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree
with experience or an equivalent combination of education and
experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in computer science, engineering,
mathematics, physics or chemistry.
* Knowledge of and experience with object-oriented programming.
* Java experience preferred.
* Web application development experience preferred.
* Web-centric technologies and languages (e.g., ActionScript,
Tapestry Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Tapestry Solutions, San Luis Obispo , Software Engineer II (Java), IT / Software / Systems , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!