Finishing Machine Operator-M-F 3pm-11pm
Company: MultiColor Corporation
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Multi-Color is one of the largest and most awarded label
companies in the world, servicing segments such as Home & Personal
Care, Food & Beverage,Wine & Spiritsand Consumer Durables. A true
global leader, our state-of-the-art facilities operate in over 26
Our 10,000+ employees are guided by our core values:Integrity,
Passion, Creativity, PerseveranceandAchievement. These values
constantly guide our interactions and decision making at
Join us today!
Position Objective: Finish printed product to meet or exceed
customer expectations and to serve as the last set of eyes in the
production area to remove unacceptable product.Responsible for
completing position functions in ways that are efficient, effective
and quality conscious.
SHIFT: Monday thru Friday, 3:00pm-11:00pm
Role and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and rewind or finish in-line (ship from Press &
one-piece flow) final product, meeting customer specifications and
- Assist other operators in troubleshooting.
- Package finished rolls, labels, or tags per customer
specifications using dispenser boxes, polybags, cartons, etc.
- Use auxiliary pieces of equipment such as fan folder, b-bunch,
small roll turret, sheeter, friction feeder, shrink-wrapper, scale,
core cutter and label maker.
- Lift and position roll of paper in feed mechanism, using hoist
or electric lift.
- Maintain work center equipment in good working order. Perform
operator preventive maintenance on equipment as outlined in JTA
manual and Friday Night Clean-up Checklists. Report equipment
problems immediately and fill out work orders as necessary.
- Review jacket and samples prior to finishing, ensuring full
understanding of finishing requirements of theorder.
- Removes any labels with problems.
- Work closely with the packer assigned to your machine to help
with making boxes, taping boxes, and packing boxes.
- Review jobs to ensure correct components are available at the
point of use and delivered based on production needs.
- Review job tickets and verify material, inks, and dies are
available and used as specified
- Aide press in any way necessary to minimize downtime
- During slow periods seek additional work and assist other team
- Seek to improve the finishing process through, recommending
equipment enhancement, process improvements and procedure
- Ensure 6S visual scans are completed as well as 6S standards
followed thru sustainment activities.
- Assist in participating in Root Cause Countermeasure activities
to identify areas where improvement is needed and put a plan in
motion to address those areas. Duties may change or additional
duties assigned.To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED and/or equivalent knowledge and
experience. Equivalent knowledge and experience is considered.
- Strong written/verbal interpersonal and communication
skills.Must be able to read, write, and comprehend
- Must be able to operate a forklift and order picker (will be
- Strong mathematical, measurement calculation knowledge and
experience and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Spreadsheet and Word
- Strong initiative, problem-solving, and
resourcefulness.Practice & sustain Lean Manufacturing and 6S
Physical Demands: Works in a manufacturing environment and will be
required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective
equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. May,
on a continuous basis, stand for a long period of time and stoop,
bend, and kneel frequently. May handle, feel and reach for items in
and around press area and continuously grasp product from a
conveyor for up to 12 hours (4 hours at a time due to breaks).
Moderate to frequent walking and lifting and/or move up to 50 lbs
(20 lbs repetitively) is required. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close & distance vision, ability to
adjust focus, and ability to distinguish color variations,
peripheral and depth perception. The noise level in the work
environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work
varying schedules and hours as needed. The physical demands
described above are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you need
special assistance or an accommodation in applying, please contact
our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge,b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing,
or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or
(c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish
information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Keywords: MultiColor Corporation, San Luis Obispo , Finishing Machine Operator-M-F 3pm-11pm, Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!