Company: Illinois Tool Works
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Global Tire Repair, a division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a
$14B multi-industrial manufacturing company, is a leading
manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of tire repair solutions to
global retailers and automotive OEMs. Core brands include:
Fix-A-Flat, Slime, Genuine Innovations, and Terra-S.
We are looking for a dynamic Product Manager to join our team!
Are you looking for a role where you can really make your mark on
an organization? This position will drive a comprehensive strategic
plan for the profitable management and growth of our core product
categories (Slime and Fix-a-Flat to name a few). In case that
wasn't enough, in a short 15 minute drive from the office you can
experience some of California's most incredible coastline, hikes,
and wineries. Come see what our "Slime" culture is all about!
- Own and drive the development and execution of a comprehensive
strategic plan for the profitable management of pricing, gross
margins, collateral materials & point-of-purchase.
- Manage the complete product lifecycle process from concept to
delivery: Category Manage and communicate new product launches, SKU
(stock keeping unit) rationalization, promotions to the regional
Marketing / Sales teams effectively and pro-actively.
- Proactively understand the trends in the industry, related
industries, and develop a deep understanding of the end user in
order to guide strategic, tactical, and new product development
needs within the category(s) for successful new product
- Maintain an up-to-date database of competitive & market
information including product catalogs, price lists, current
promotions, new product introductions and regulatory issues.
- Attend trade shows, seminars and other industry events as
necessary to stay abreast of market and industry trends.
- Act as the internal and external focal point for the resolution
of product issues within the category(s) -- own your category.
- Lead cross-functional teams to achieve company objectives, as
well as, act as the point of contact for manufacturing, purchasing,
sales, quality and engineering.
- Provide product training to internal and external stake
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters preferred (MBA)
- 3 years minimum in a Product Manager role (preferred in
Consumer Goods); commercial experience is an advantage
- Experience with managing the complete life cycle of products
(including Product development), conducting in depth market
research (Marketing), and a strong financial acumen
- Proven experience successfully managing channels and/or
- Strong project management skills; ability to work effectively
across functions and lead teams
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Presentation skills - to be able to create and present to both
small and large audiences. Comfortable with presenting in front of
a live audience and over other media such as WebEx, Zoom etc.
- Product training - ability to use, demonstrate and show key
features and benefits of all products to both sales and marketing
teams, retail customers and end users.
- Once restrictions are lifted, travel up to 25% will be
ITW Global Tire Repair is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Illinois Tool Works, San Luis Obispo , Product Manager, Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!