Manager, Software Engineering
Company: Entegris, Inc.
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Company Overview and Values
Why work at Entegris?Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your
Future.Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same
background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the
differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every
employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on
projects and initiatives. Our decision making process is truly a
collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level
of the organization. We put our values at the core of how we
operate as an organization - not just when it's convenient, but in
a lasting and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend
here to have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees rally
around our core PACE values: People Accountability
Entegris is seeking a Control Systems/Automation Engineering
Manager for the San Luis Obispo, CA location. This position will
report to the Senior Director of Engineering and is responsible for
managing the design, detailing, and documenting electrical control
systems and software used in Microcontamination Control products,
primarily Ultra High Purity (UHP) gas purification systems
assembled at this facility. Domestic and international travel may
be necessary in this role to support these systems out in the
In this role you will
- Manage: the design and release control systems for new product
development. Assist in the selection of sensors and devices. Create
preliminary cost estimates. Conduct inter-department design
reviews. Manage engineering change control documentation.
- Meet technical deliverables on schedule by assessing and
- Assist Commercial Sales. Provide technical input for product
manuals, product catalogs and sales literature.
- Support Manufacturing during the production of purifiers.
Troubleshoot and resolve software and controls problems on the
production floor. Provide input for Manufacturing Engineering and
Quality Engineering process improvement.
- Support Customer Service in repairing or updating products in
the field. Fix issues or modify the function of software and
controls. Provide technical input for the creation of Technical
Bulletins and Work Instructions.
- Provide control systems training to other Entegris engineers
- Perform other tasks as required by Engineering Management.
Traits we believe make a strong candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
or a closely related Computer Engineering field.
- Extensive knowledge of PLC, HMI, and automation and process
controls.(Schneider,Allen Bradley, Siemans)
- Proficiency with IEC 61131-3 industrial programming languages
primarily ladder logic and structured text.
- Experience using one or more Industrial Control Programming and
Development Environments: RSLogix 500, Studio 5000, SoMachine 4.3,
DSLaunch 6, Simatic Manager Step 7, Simatic TIA Portal.
- Additional experience that would be helpful include: Python,
MySQL, MySQL Workbench, Visual Studio, C, HTML, CSS, Java,
- Ability to understand and communicate software design
trade-offs and stakeholder requirements.
- Good organizational and communication skills (English), &
ability to work effectively with other departments.
- Valid (or eligibility for) Passport for business travel to
Your success will be measured by
- Dedication to Excellence - this person must be committed to
accurate, complete work and on-time performance.
- Accountability, Trust, Integrity - this person must hold
themselves to the highest standards and be accountable for their
What we offer:
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck.
Whether you're looking to build your career, improve your health,
or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you
achieve your goals.
- Very Competitive total compensation plans.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future with an
impressive employer match that's all yours- no vesting!
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your
needs to ensure you're happy and healthy.
- A progressive PTO policy that empowers our employees to take
the time they need to recharge!
At Entegris we are committed to providing equal opportunity to
all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire,
train, and reward employees for their individual abilities,
achievements and experience without regard to race, color,
religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability,
marital or military status.
Keywords: Entegris, Inc., San Luis Obispo , Manager, Software Engineering, Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!