Company: RCN Telecom Services
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Company- Wave Broadband
Wave Broadband is currently searching for a Network Operations
Center Technician in our San Luis Obispo office. This position is
part of the Network Operations Center (NOC) team and is an integral
part of the company's focus and commitment to supporting our
customers. NOC team members are the "first face" customers
encounter when they need support; therefore, a positive,
professional, and helpful disposition is essential. The most
important characteristics of this team member are reliability,
dependability, and the willingness to go above and beyond the call
of duty in assisting customers. The most important skills of NOC
team members are computer and telephone technical knowledge,
troubleshooting skills, and the ability to pro-actively monitor
internal equipment for alarms affecting service. Team members must
also have an ability to work with fellow technicians as a team and
exhibit patience and good judgment. Team members are encouraged to
pursue continuing education.
NOC Technician positions are based in our Administrative Office
during weekdays and at our Network Operations Center (NOC) during
swing, night, and weekend shifts. Those working at the NOC are
responsible for the safety, security and functionality of the Data
Center and other areas of the Network Operations building.
The primary position responsibilities will include, but are not
- Provide on-line and phone support to customers supporting a
wide catalog of services and products including:
- Internet and phone.
- Cloud hosting (Virtual Environment, Web, Mail).
- Managed network.
- Windows Desktop and Server support.
- Monitor and work the trouble ticket queue reporting status on a
- Create, manage, and complete trouble tickets in a timely
fashion, maintaining a high standard of customer satisfaction and
- Assess severity and impact of issues and escalate to proper
technical resources when appropriate.
- Assist Engineering staff with hardware maintenance, testing and
- Provision and deprovision services and accounts for
- Follow-up on Customer Satisfaction Survey results as
- Maintain proper security standards, records, and practices as
set by facilities by controlling access to the Datacenter to
authorized personnel, ensuring physical security of facility
contents and personnel, and monitoring status of critical security
- Monitor and report on status of power, HVAC, and fire
suppression systems in the event of a malfunction.
- Utilize, maintain, and ensure accuracy of documentation for
services and clients.
- Assist various internal departments with service audits.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work nights, weekends, and holidays as required by the
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- High-School Diploma or equivalent.
- Good phone etiquette and customer service experience.
- Basic troubleshooting knowledge in Windows Operating
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Familiarity with voice services and telecommunications
- Understanding of the OSI Networking model and other basic
networking concepts and troubleshooting.
- Able to complete personal research and operate in unfamiliar
circumstances when required.
- Able to create a checklist and follow it in order of
arrangement without losing track of completed tasks.
- Able to pass a drug check and background investigation.
- Able to read, comprehend, and follow documentation written in
- Able to speak, type, and hand-write English clearly with proper
grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Able to lift 50lbs safely over your head.
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to type at a keyboard, use a mouse, focus on a computer
monitor for long periods of time without causing or exacerbating
any injury or medical condition.
- Able to safely climb a 12-foot ladder and reach at arm's length
without losing balance.
Is this the career opportunity you've been searching for? Yes?
Then let us know about you - apply now!
- High School Diploma or GED
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
RCN/Grande/Wave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We
embrace, support, and thrive on each other's differences to
maximize the experience of our teammates and our community. We are
committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal
employment opportunities are available to all applicants and
teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy
(including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions),
national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information (including characteristics and testing),
military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: RCN Telecom Services, San Luis Obispo , NOC Technician, Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!