Senior Manager of Devops
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: June 8, 2021
What We'll Bring:
Our technology team continues to push the boundary of innovation
and modernization every day. Given our agile nature we are able to
bring new ideas and transform the way we do technology. TransUnion
is a defining leader in bringing seamless solutions to enhance the
way our clients build trust, and it all starts with our people. No
idea is too small and no problem is too big. You'll have the
ability to put your skills to the test and see how your
contributions continue to move the needle.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and
- 10+ years of experience working in a Linux/Unix
- 3+ years of experience with Kubernetes/containers
- 7+ years of Management experience in DevOps, Release
Engineering, Databases or Software Engineering
- Experience in designing, deploying and maintaining highly
available applications in the cloud is a plus
- Leadership and project management experience with strong
understanding of tools and automation frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience working in agile environments
- Experience in systems automation, virtualization,
orchestration, deployment, and implementation.
- Experience in scaling distributed data systems, deploying and
managing software in production environment and container-based
service deployment using Docker and ability to use various open
source technologies. Skills in infrastructure automation tools, for
example, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technologies.
- Must be action oriented, capable of multitasking well based on
- Strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic
- Ability to work under pressure, multiple deadlines and minimal
Impact You'll Make:
Define and execute on vision, strategy and roadmaps for SRE and
DevOps teams, Play a strategic role in the build of
state-of-the-art application/infrastructure systems with the high
emphasis on security and scalability
Partner with application and business stakeholders to ensure
high quality product is developed and released into production.
Establish and periodically update the Release Policy which governs
the release process and details release categories, release
activities, role & responsibilities, exception, etc.
Own end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical
services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence;
eventually automate response to all non-exceptional service
Ensure best engineering practices through automation,
infrastructure as code, robust system monitoring, alerting, auto
scaling, self healing, etc...
Drive and own the measuring of SLA/uptime and ensure
organization is meeting set goals
Assist in designing and implementing monitoring systems
Analyze system failures and develop rapid response processes to
ensure such failures do not reoccur
Ensure the timely releases of the team's projects to production
and remove any impediments as they arise
Work closely with Enterprise Architecture and Information
Security to specify and document solutions and practices.
Keep abreast with evolving threats/risks, industry trends and
work to implement best practices in the organization.
Mentor, coach and motivate the teams to perform at the highest
Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal
skills - Lead by example to empower and challenge the team to
deliver their best.
- Create, maintain and update system documentation
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability
status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Sr Manager, Infrastructure Engineering and Provisioning
Keywords: Transunion, San Luis Obispo , Senior Manager of Devops, Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!