Senior Project Manager
Company: PBK Architects
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: June 8, 2021
For over 40 years, PBK Architects has been a leader in
architectural and engineering design solutions across the United
States. We are constantly seeking the brightest and most talented
minds to be part of our award winning firm. At PBK, we pride
ourselves in providing the best in class programmers, planners,
architects, engineers, and consultants to offer top notch customer
service. We strive to make a positive impact for future generations
with our actions today. Heres your chance, are you ready to make a
Description Senior Project Manager
A Senior Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the
design and completion of architectural projects as well as
overseeing the teams that produce high quality project deliverables
in construction documents. A Senior Project Manager may work on
any/all phases of development Pre-Design, Schematic Design, Design
Development, Construction Documents, Local Agencies, and
Construction Administration. They report to the Client
Executive/Principal Architect on tasks and deliverables and work
directly with him/her to ensure the facilitation of a projects
completion on-time, on/under budget, and according to PBKs quality
and client service standards.
- Supervise and Manage project teams to produce quality sets of
documents that comply with the deliverable requirements for all
phases of the project.
- Ensure that the project conforms to contractual agreement with
client, meeting all set budgets, goals, and work assignments for
their project team that clearly defines project expectations.
- Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in
writing to give assignments to office support staff, consultants,
and vendors (always being respectful).
- Organize and direct the architectural and/or engineering teams
to execute the work in an orderly, timely, and coordinated
- Willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate
judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include
appropriate people in decision-making process; make timely
- Directs, organizes and mentors junior staff with responsibility
oversight of their assignments.
- Responsible for maintaining positive client relationships
throughout project. Keeps client apprised of project progress on
regular basis. Initiates and maintains contact with other key
project individuals for clarification, coordination and negotiation
of critical issues.
- Provides leadership, resources and technical advice for the
generation of construction documents including detailing and finish
application, ensuring adherence to design intent and carry
- Support Client Executive and/or Principal Architect in
supervision and delegation of work.
- Able to perform Construction Administration duties.
- Occasional travel required.
- Responsible for implementation of QC (Quality Control),
Supervision, and Managing of project teams to produce quality sets
of documents that comply with the deliverable requirements for all
phases of the project.
- Ability to provide support in the pursue of work, including
speaking at client presentations and assisting the marketing team
during the preparation of RFQs.
- Ability to create project schedules and assist with staffing
and work load projections.
- Participate in training sessions as required and occasionally
be willing to present to other team members.
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Architecture is required, Masters Degree is
- Architecture License is preferred.
- 10+ years of professional experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in using Revit and AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of graphic programs (SketchUp and Adobe
Creative Suites) a plus.
- Strong customer service, organizational, and communication
- Knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
- Experience working with the Division of the State Architect
- Knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED
PBK has built a client base of more than 200 clients, a list
that includes school districts, university systems, hospital
systems and Fortune 500 corporations. PBK offers employees
competitive wages, health care and 401K matching along with
numerous opportunities to become involved in extra-curricular
activities and organizations established through the firm. PBK has
established a culture that has led to the firm being named to the
list of Best Places to Work.
Keywords: PBK Architects, San Luis Obispo , Senior Project Manager, Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!