RN - Acute Care Nursery
Company: Dignity Health
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: June 8, 2021
French Hospital Medical Center, located in San Luis Obispo,
California, has been named one of the Nation's 100 Top Hospitals by
Truven Health Analytics and is rated among the top hospitals in the
nation for cardiac, orthopedic, and GI services. French Hospital
has achieved the prestigious designation as a Primary Stroke Center
by the Joint Commission. The Copeland, Forbes, and Rossi Cardiac
Care Center provides the latest innovative cardiac and imaging
technology. The hospital is also home to the unique Hearst Cancer
Resource Center offering free education, resources, and support to
cancer patients and their families. French Hospital Medical Center
is a part of Dignity Health's Southern California Division and is a
member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health
care system in the nation, boasting an integrated network of top
quality hospitals, with physicians from the most prestigious
medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services - all
recognized for quality, safety, and service. Each hospital is
supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the
growing health care needs of our communities. To learn more go to
About this position:
In keeping with the French Hospital Medical Center health care
philosophy, the Registered Nurse manages quality patient care
through the nursing process. Coordinates plan of care with the
health care team. Assumes leadership role for unit personnel to
prepare and assist them with their responsibilities. Employees are
responsible for completion of unit competency assessments, annual
safety review, CPR, and renewal of license by maintaining
continuing education units as required by hospital policy.
Employees must successfully pass clinical math exam prior to
orientation to unit. In addition to these major responsibilities,
the Registered Nurse may be assigned other duties.
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of 2 years of work experience
in a Newborn ICU.
- Other candidates to be considered on an individual basis and
attributes Registered nurse with 2 years of experience
- Associates degree and other speciality specific training.
- State of California RN License.
- BLS, NRP certification BLS, NRP.
- Has education, training and demonstrated competency in neonatal
Preferred / Desired:
- Demonstrates ability to work within a team model of
- Demonstrates proficient basic nursing skills and specialty
- Demonstrates knowledge of the nursing process and the ability
to apply these principles appropriately.
- Demonstrates a caring, compassionate attitude toward
- Relates with patients/visitors empathetically and
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrates clear, effective written and oral English skills,
and objective active-listening skills.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate appropriate patient care
tasks, duties, etc. to other team members.
- Ability and willingness to actively participate in process
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with
others across all departments.
- Reacts calmly and efficiently in emergencies.
- Collaborates and provides leadership with patient-care team.
Maintains effective relationships with coworkers and medical
- Applies the nursing process in the provision of care to the
full compliment in gestational ages and pathophysiological and
psychosocial complexities in the NICU environment.
- Demonstrated competence in the understanding and use of various
technologies in the critical care environment.
- Competence in attending deliveries
Keywords: Dignity Health, San Luis Obispo , RN - Acute Care Nursery, Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!