Company: Swca Inc
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a staff level
Biologist position with experience in natural resource management
and biological studies for our San Luis Obispo, CA office. We are
seeking a candidate who is looking to develop a long-term
consulting career that combines high-level technical expertise with
commercial acumen and leadership. Responsibilities may include
participating in implementing scientific studies, surveys, natural
resource planning, environmental monitoring/ inspections, and
preparing a wide variety of technical studies and reports. It is
anticipated that a moderate level of travel and variable hours will
be required for the position. Depending on availability, this
position is either a temporary or a regular, part, or full-time
position. Pay rate will be based on individual qualifications and
What you will accomplish
- Work closely with a project team to develop innovative
approaches to resource assessment that meet client needs and can
withstand agency and public scrutiny.
- Take initiative and resolve issues to assure client needs are
- Coordinate and/or lead biological survey efforts.
- Serve as project manager or technical lead on a variety of
resource management planning projects.
- Use topographic maps, aerial photographs, GPS units, and other
maps and tools during fieldwork.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Assist at public and/or agency meetings.
- Work closely with SWCA's other resource scientists, managers,
and directors in both natural and cultural resources throughout the
company to promote SWCA's business interests in adherence to its
mission, vision, and values.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in biology, ecology,
environmental science or a related field required.
- At least 2-4 years of progressively responsible experience in
biological surveys and resource management
- Environmental consulting experience is preferred but not
- Experience of working with scientists, planners, engineers,
contractors, and agency specialists.
- Ability to promote SWCAs services internally and
- Experience in writing technical reports.
- The ideal candidate will also possess strong wildlife and plant
identification skills; familiarity with Endangered Species Act,
excellent writing skills, and ability to record accurate field
- Ability to take initiative, resolve problems and ensure tasks
are completed in the most effective manner.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn company procedures, and
ability to try new, improved techniques.
- Ability to work as member of a team and independently to make
decisions and complete tasks in the most effective manner.
Willingness to learn and grow into increased project-management
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned
environmental firm with offices across the U.S. Our continually
expanding team combines scientific expertise with in-depth
knowledge of permitting and compliance protocols to achieve
technically sound, cost effective solutions for a full spectrum of
environmental projects. As one of the largest environmental
compliance firms, SWCA ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top
200 Environmental Firms.
SWCA offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive
salaries, and a competitive benefits package, including an employee
stock ownership retirement plan (ESOP). If you are seeking an
opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and
diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative
solutions, then SWCA will be a great fit for you!
SWCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages
women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to
Keywords: Swca Inc, San Luis Obispo , Staff Biologist, Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!