Market Manager - Smart Healthcare (US based remote position)
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common
purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable
place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and
passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in
knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society,
and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity,
collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront
of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to
find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying?
Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
UL's Identity Management & Security (IMS) division is looking to
add a Market Manager - Smart Healthcare (internal title: Business
In this highly visible role at UL, a key leader for UL's
cybersecurity business, focused on one of our target ecosystems,
Smart Healthcare. The Market Manager, will intimately understand
market needs and trends, demand drivers, and advise the
- the market segments we should focus on;
- the cybersecurity solutions we should develop;
- the partnerships that will help us better solve the problems
our clients are facing;
- the delivery requirements of the market;
- the best sales channels for the market;
- potential acquisition targets
The Market Manager, will own the cybersecurity business plan for
Smart Healthcare. S/he will partner with the leaders of our service
lines and support functions and ensure that adequate coordination
is happening to execute on the cybersecurity business plan for
What you'll learn & achieve:
- Own and coordinate the execution of the company's business plan
for the cybersecurity of the Smart Healthcare ecosystem.
- Meet with officers, senior management to maximize the
coordination of BD objectives, strategies and associated
- Develop and coordinate executive presentations and
- Represent the organization in appropriate committees and
forums. Provide external leadership through presentations and
arranging meetings with executives in key industries and
- Work with sales managers on developing commercial strategies
and go-to-market plans to generate the target profitable
- Design a successful Market Intelligence process for the
- Assist the Sales team on some strategic pre-sales
- Recommend equity investments.
What makes you a great fit:
- University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor's degree) in
Engineering or a related disciplines plus generally Min. 5 years
related experience at the relevant level.
- MBA and/or advanced technical degree (preferred).
- Experience creating and implementing business plans (Business
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity (required), in particular in
the medical devices space (preferred).
- Direct medical devices industry experience required.
- Knowledge in smart, connected devices.
- Team management experience.
- Closing skills.
- Fluent in English.
- International experience (preferred).
What you'll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn't new.
Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has
been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply
engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working
here, and you'll almost always hear, "the people." Going beyond
what is possible is the standard at UL. We're able to deliver the
best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we
eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers' create.
We're inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how
people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles,
you will get international experience working with colleagues
around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted
development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very
own UL University that offers extensive training programs for
employees at all stages, including a technical training track for
- Total Rewards: An attractive Total Rewards package including a
401K match of 5% (when you contribute 7%) + an additional 4%
company funded benefit after 12 months of employment. A strong
commitment to corporate responsibility and sustainability efforts.
All employees receive 2 Volunteer Days off per year to spend
participating in an array of volunteer activities. Flexible working
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns
daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our
every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit our
company page www.UL.com and division page ims.UL.com
Keywords: UL, San Luis Obispo , Market Manager - Smart Healthcare (US based remote position), Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!