Patient Service Representative- San Luis Obispo (Primary & Specialty Care)
Company: UCLA Health
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: July 18, 2021
ResponsibilitiesIn this role, you will coordinate
the activities of all staff supporting the area and interact with
faculty and residents to maximize patient care, resident education
and patient satisfaction. In addition, perform the full range of
administrative and patient care support functions to include:
assisting in coordinating patient flow throughout the clinic, from
registration to discharge. Maintain clinic schedules for accuracy
and patient needs utilizing EPIC/CareConnect EMR System. Evaluate
and prioritize patient-related telephone calls and In-Basket
messages within EPIC/CareConnect system Work as a member of the
clinic team to provide smooth outpatient flow resulting in optimum
patient satisfaction and clinic operation. Submit for
authorizations for Medications and Specialty Services, work with
all insurance plans and physicians to coordinate authorization for
services and obtain benefit information from patients. Verify
insurance benefits for all new patients, return visits, and
ancillaries as directed.
- Minimum 2 year experience working in a fast pace clinic
setting, preferably in a multispecialty practice.
- Ability to work effectively with patients, physicians and staff
in a diplomatic and professional manner in order to maximize suite
- Skill in prioritizing assignments and managing multiple
- Prior experience with team building skills to include
supervisory lead experience.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team in order to
provide effective patient care.
- Working knowledge of EHR including appointment scheduling,
procedure scheduling, the encounter system, hospital lab results
and medical reports.
- Skill in monitoring complex clinician appointment
- Skill in speaking clearly and distinctly in person and over the
telephone, using appropriate grammar and vocabulary in order to
share information, effectively communicate, share and obtain
information with persons from diverse social, economic and cultural
- Ability to interact diplomatically and sympathetically with
patients, their families, and the general public in a high volume,
continuous public contact setting.
- Skill in performing with frequent interruptions and/or
distractions including the ability to accept equivocal
circumstances and respond to changing priorities and
- Typing ability to prepare forms, manuscripts or correspondence
with speed and accuracy.
- Skill in working independently and following through on
assignments with minimal direction and in setting priorities which
accurately reflect the relative importance of assignments. Ability
to accept directions from management and act promptly.
- Knowledge of medical terminology. Working knowledge of medical
insurance plans and types of coverage provided.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran
Keywords: UCLA Health, San Luis Obispo , Patient Service Representative- San Luis Obispo (Primary & Specialty Care), Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!