Class I Operator
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Veolia is the world's leading environmental services company with
-179,000 employees globally and a 160-year history. We help our
customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges
in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients'
energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and
recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe,
cost-effective and innovative manner for cities, governments,
campuses, businesses, and industries.
The Operator is required to work a 12-hour rotating shift schedule
or a 12-
hour shift relief schedule with anticipated overtime opportunities
days, nights, weekends, and holidays).
This position involves being multi-skilled to handle a variety of
direct supervision in a high performance work environment. The
expected to perform additional duties aimed at site safety,
improvement, or fundamental site maintenance. Selection will be
qualifications and desire to expand personal knowledge, skills, and
- Start up and shut down (normal and emergency) plant systems and
- Operate, monitor and control plant systems; visually inspect,
monitor equipment and process conditions.
- Prepares equipment for maintenance work.
- Reviews, follows and, if qualified, revises detailed process
operating procedures, maintenance procedures and safety
- Troubleshoots equipment to restore to operation.
- Analyzes charts and logs to identify potential or actual
- Identifies system problems to stabilize plant to normal
- Trains new operators in the area, reinforcing safety and
- Loading and unloading of railcars and tank trucks.
- Perform laboratory analysis of products.
- Clerical duties as required.
- Operate mobile equipment.
- Participate/Lead various site teams.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in an industrial or
- Experience maintaining, repairing and troubleshooting
- Ability to navigate the tools of Microsoft Office Suite
(Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. and learn new computer systems and
- Current and valid driver's license - willing and able to obtain
powered industrial truck certification
- Willing and able to work 12-hour rotating shifts, including
overtime, nights, weekends, holidays and short notice call-in if
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Physical Requirements/ Work Environment
- Willing and able to work in a High Hazard environment;
outdoors, indoors, elevated heights and confined spaces
- Willing and able to wear required PPE (personal protective
equipment) such as steel toes, hardhats, protective eyewear, face
shields, respirator, chemical acid suit, etc.
- Willing and able to climb stairs, ladders; stand, walk, stoop,
bend, kneel, crawl; visual acuity for close work; able to reach
overhead; able to hear and respond to alarms
Veolia offers the most complete range of environmental solutions to
meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses
and industries. Our network of talent and hands-on know-how is
unique and unrivaled.
We help our customers address their environmental and
sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means
improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their
water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes.
We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for more
than 550 communities and more than 30,000 businesses, campuses and
organizations throughout North America.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives
equal consideration to all applications, without
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia, San Luis Obispo , Class I Operator, Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!