Company: PCL Construction
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: August 1, 2022
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie
in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building
better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not
just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you
build a career you're proud of.
Here's how a Superintendent for our Civil Infrastructure office
located in San Luis Obispo, CA contributes to our team:
- Works with site superintendent and lead project manager,
implements PCL's safety program and maintains safety and
- Supervises, directs, coaches, trains, and mentors the project
team, including direct and indirect reports.
- Effectively communicates with own forces and trades and ensures
that performance, productivity, quality, and safety requirements
- Consistently collaborates with superintendent,
construction/project manager and project team. Advises site
superintendent or project manager of potential problems, work
interferences, schedule difficulties, etc.
- Liaises between field engineers and estimators and to ensure
construction complies with drawings and specifications.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the
Project Execution Plan (PEP) and assists with resource-loaded
three-week lookahead schedules.
- Monitors and executes the project construction plan and
- Reviews and understands the contract and subcontracts,
including understanding risk and risk mitigation plans.
- Maintains project administration correspondence, and complies
with documentation requirements.
- Journeyman certificate or Bachelor's degree in engineering or a
- Working towards NCSO designation (IND), and enrolled in the
Gold Seal program as an intern (CDN) preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a field engineer / field coordinator
position or lead hand / foreman role preferred.
- Successfully supervised a construction workforce.
- Knowledge of construction industry and company operations,
including building materials, construction specifications, and
methods and procedures.
- Understanding of project scope and ability to apply basic
engineering principles to resolve constructability challenges.
- Understanding of project schedules and ability to identify the
- Knowledge and understanding of scheduling software.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental
- Ability to lead and run effective site meetings with client,
consultants, trades, own forces work, and internal employees.
- Demonstrated conflict-resolution skills, problem-solving
abilities, and professional judgment.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people
who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great
work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities
that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of
vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently
ranked among the best companies to work for because we are
committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable
opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and
applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process,
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location
you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let's get
Target Start Date: 07/13/2022
Employee Status: Regular Full-Time
Company: PCL Construction, Inc.
Primary Location: San Luis Obispo, California
Keywords: PCL Construction, San Luis Obispo , Superintendent, Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!