Company: City of San Luis Obispo
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: September 14, 2022
This position represents the City and the Parking Division as an
ambassador to the visitors, employees, and customers of the
downtown area by patrolling the parking structures and public
walkways around the parking structures, assisting customers with
use of the automated pay stations, providing a safe and welcoming
environment for downtown parkers, and performing minor maintenance
and repair work.
This is a supplemental position with some shifts on the
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Incumbents receive general supervision from full-time Parking
Program staff. No supervision is exercised.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do
the listed examples include all tasks that may be found in
positions of this class.)
* Patrols parking facilities on foot and in-vehicle.
* Assists motorists who park in the parking structures with payment
using the automated pay and exit stations.
* Collects and deposits money received by the automated parking
* Observes and reports prohibited activities such as graffiti,
vandalism, skateboarding, and suspicious behavior.
* Performs basic maintenance on parking structures and parking
control equipment such as replacing dislodged gate arms, clearing
tickets jams, replacing receipt rolls, and replacing ticket
* Maintains assigned areas, facilities, and equipment in a clean
and orderly condition.
* Provides positive and effective customer service.
* Inspects parking structure daily for damages or other
* Collects litter and empties trash receptacles in and around the
* Promotes public relations by providing information and assistance
to the public.
* Performs related duties similar to the above in scope and
function as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* Policies and practices of the City of San Luis Obispo, especially
those related to the City's Parking Services.
* The safe and proper use of general maintenance tools and
* Principles and practices of customer service.
* Follow oral and written instructions
* Explain Parking Services policies to the public.
* Bend, stoop, lift, and carry equipment and materials.
* Safely operate hand tools.
* Lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
* Communicate tactfully and courteously with the public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
One year of experience that includes public contact, money
handling, and record keeping.
Experience that demonstrates basic janitorial and maintenance
POSESSION AND MAINTENANCE OF:
* A valid Class C California driver's license.
THIS POSITION WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE A
FINAL OFFER IS MADE:
* Livescan Fingerprinting - DOJ
Keywords: City of San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo , Parking Ambassador, Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!