Company: Cannon Corp
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Cannon CorpDescription:You'll Come for a Job---But You'll Stay
for an Exciting Career! Engineering and Designing Reliable,
Responsive, Solutions.SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative
solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources,
public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development.
We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.JOIN CANNON as an
AUTOMATION SPECIALIST in SAN LUIS OBISPO or VENTURA. San Luis
Obispo is on the beautiful central coast of California, has
temperate weather, scenic beaches, is surrounded by the wine
country, and offers endless recreational opportunities. Ventura is
30 miles south of Santa Barbara, with a backdrop of the Los Padres
National Forest foothills and the scenic Pacific Ocean, Ventura has
many miles of beaches and recreational parks. Its Mediterranean
climate offers many year-round recreational and cultural
opportunities. PROJECTS INCLUDE Instrumentation and Controls,
SCADA, Water Resources, Transportation, Recreational Facilities,
Solar Facilities, Oil Field Applications, Agriculture, Food
Processing. AUTOMATION SPECIALIST JOB SUMMARYUnder minimal
supervision, an Automation Specialist will approach industrial
electrical and control systems from the view point of functional
analysis, technical evaluation, design objectives, and solution
development. Work with clients to solve problems. May work onsite
in heavy industrial environments, inclement weather conditions, and
on slippery or uneven surfaces.AUTOMATION SPECIALIST JOB DUTIES
- Designs and creates PLC code and HMI systems for various
- Specifies, procures, programs, and commissions SCADA servers
and clients (sometimes virtualized), and network
- Designs and specifies instrumentation, final control elements,
and SCADA systems for green-field and retrofit process control
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and-or expands PLC code and HMI screens
on operational SCADA systems.
- Services, programs, adjusts, and calibrates industrial
automation equipment to meet the client process requirements and
the control narrative.
- Installs, tests, modifies, and troubleshoots electrical and
- Solves basic circuit calculations for resistance, voltage,
current, and power.
- Solves instrument calculations for process
- 2-5 years' experience or technical school training working with
automation equipment and programmable controllers preferred.
- Experience with industrial wiring diagrams, ladder schematics,
and logic drawings.
- Possess and demonstrate a firm understanding of Programmable
Logic Controllers (PLC), PLC programming software (Rockwell
Automation and Modicon preferred), Human Machine Interface (HMI)
programming, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word,
- Familiarity with Visual Basic, C, C++, C#, SQL scripting, and
other programming languages.
- Experience with process instrumentation and final control
elements (VFD's, control valves, level-pressure-flow sensors and
transmitters) including installation, calibration, and maintenance.
Includes proven experience with handheld HART communicators and
- Able to communicate clearly in oral and written English so that
others may clearly understand instructions, reports, production,
specification documents, and records.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions on process control systems.
- Able to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of
fractions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Has the
ability to work with basic algebra and geometry.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record. Proof of
current automotive insurance if you are presently driving a
- Knowledgeable and experienced with Industrial control hardware
and communication systems (PLC's, HMI, DCS, SCADA, Ethernet,
Ethernet-IP, DH+, HART, RS232, RS485, Serial radio, Ethernet radio,
etc.).WE OFFER competitive salaries, relocation assistance,
excellent benefits package, remote work flexibility, and an active
and positive team building, work environment.Equal Employment
Opportunity M, F, disability, protected veteran
Keywords: Cannon Corp, San Luis Obispo , Automation Specialist, Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!