Front Desk Patient Care Coordinator
Company: MedBridge Development
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: May 15, 2023
- - - - - -Front Desk Patient Care
Front Desk Patient Care Coordinator duties will consist of, but are
not limited to: -
- Greets the patient and family and is sensitive to their
- Scheduling of surgical cases.
- Maintains appointment schedule for patients. Coordinates
patient schedule with surgery schedule.
- Ensures that patient charts are pulled, and information is
accurate prior to the surgery date.
- Screens, takes messages, routes incoming calls, and assists
- Responsible for keeping current registrations of patients,
insurance companies and referring doctors.
- Processes and gives receipt for monies received from patients
and is responsible for the petty cash fund.
- Confirms that a responsible adult (over 18 years) picks up the
patient after his/her surgery and stays with them for 24 hours
- Set up basic patient charts for each new patient, responsible
for filing and auditing patient charts, checking for completeness
and accuracy of the medical transcription.
- Refer charts back to appropriate staff and surgeons for
- Compile quarterly reports on medical record deficiencies and
assist with peer review for the Quality Assurance and Performance
Improvement (QAPI) Coordinator.
- Assure the confidentiality of all records by the required
permission of the patient for releasing the chart information.
- Assure that the medical record is not shown to the patient or
anyone else unless the physician approves.
- Assure that all surgical charts are locked at the end of the
- Ensure subpoenas and record requests are handled correctly and
in a timely manner.
- Ability to train and supervise new personnel for the front
- Acts as a liaison between the surgical team and the patient's
family. -Key Competencies:
To perform in this position successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
- Organization: Prioritize and plan work activities.
- Problem Solving: Use time efficiently; Identify and resolve
problems in a timely manner; Develop alternate solutions.
- Judgment: Gather and analyze information in a skillful manner;
Includes appropriate personnel in decision making process; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment
- Task Management: Effectively juggle multiple tasks.
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Patient-centric Service: Look for ways to improve and promote
quality and efficiency Respond promptly to patient's needs; always
Maintain composure and professionalism; Excellent telephone
techniques and rapport.
- Adaptability: Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or
unexpected events; Able to work well under pressure.
- Dependability: Complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate
person of alternate plan.
- Teamwork: Balance team and individual responsibilities;
Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Safety and Security: Maintain patient confidentiality; Observes
safety and security procedures; Adheres to the center's Policies
and Procedures and HIPAA guidelines. -Qualifications:
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- General office experience preferred.
- Must have current BLS certification.
- Has full command of the English language, both verbal and
Employees who work 30+ hours per week are eligible for the
- Insurance - Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, and
long-term disability insurance.
- Holidays - 8 paid holidays per year.
- PTO - 25 days per year (5 weeks).
- 401(k) - Auto enrollment in the company 401(k) plan.
- FSA - Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts.
-Pay Range:$17-$30 /hourPowered by JazzHR
Keywords: MedBridge Development, San Luis Obispo , Front Desk Patient Care Coordinator, Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...