Patient Access Rep
Company: United Surgical Partners
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: May 29, 2023
Patient Access Rep Selma Carlson-San Luis Obispo Full Time
- Responsible for scheduling patients into assigned modalities in
accordance with scheduling guidelines, collecting and verifying
insurance information, and obtaining necessary authorizations.
- Schedules customers in a polite, prompt, and helpful manner.
Collects all pertinent insurance information and obtains
authorizations for procedures, as necessary. Provides customers
with any patient preparation information, instructions, and
- Verifies customer insurance, as required. Updates appropriate
software as necessary.
- Answers facility calls within four rings.
- Answers telephones in a pleasant and professional manner, takes
messages, and deals with customers needs expeditiously
- Schedules fax referrals in a timely manner (within 48 hours of
- Supplements office staff, as scheduling tasks permit, by
assisting with photocopying, computer input/typing, receptionist
duties, and medical records calls.
- Maintains office supplies.
- Keeps work area and area around fax machine neat and
- Assumes responsibility for continually striving to meet goals
as established by the Facility. We share a commitment to the
patient, to the Radiologists, to the company, and to each other to
strive toward the overall company goals that have been established.
Denotes "essential functions" in accordance with the guidelines of
the Americans with Disabilities Act. The essential functions of
this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, those
specifically identified in this description. The position and its
essential functions may change over time, and these changes may not
necessarily be reflected in the position description. The Company
may, at its sole discretion, add to, change, or expand the
essential or marginal functions of this position.
Hourly Range: $18.50-$30.00
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a customer service
setting; preferably a minimum of six months of experience as a
scheduler in a health care setting.
- Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of scheduling tasks, office policies/procedures, and
proper completion and distribution of required paperwork.
- Working knowledge on use of telephone and computer.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in person and on
the telephone to establish and maintain cooperative relationships
with patients, families, physicians, staff, and other
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and/or written
instructions. Ability to file correctly by alphabetic or numeric
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below
for additional information.
Keywords: United Surgical Partners, San Luis Obispo , Patient Access Rep, Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...