Front Desk Supervisor (\"Supervisor/a de Recepcion\")
Company: Azul Hospitality
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: May 29, 2023
Hotel Cerro - San Luis Obispo, CA
$21.00 - $25.00 Hourly
Hospitality - Hotel
Assist the Front Office Manager in the daily operations of the
Front Desk Department and Guest Service areas. Ensure that the
front desk operation meets hotel standards for maximum guest
- Ensure efficient guest registration, check out and telephone
- Observe front desk agents and ensure that established
procedures are completed in accordance with policy and procedure,
i.e., proper public relations techniques are utilized, guests are
handled both courteously and professionally, proper identification
and credit are established and all posting, cash transactions,
account settlements and deposits are handled correctly.
- Maximizes hotel revenues through up-sell program, 95% occupancy
strategies parking revenues by ensuring proper ticket
accountability and cash handling procedures.
- Ensure guest complaints and requests are handled in a courteous
and professional manner and ensure follow through.
- Monitor and respond to Guest Satisfaction Surveys and guest
other comments (via third party sites, comments card etc.).
- Direct and train Front Office staff. Assist in new-hire and
- Direct and assist front desk staff and telecommunications in
organizing breaks, ensuring that all work is completed efficiently
and according to schedule.
- Participate in the hiring process of new staff members. Assist
with the preparation of Staff Member Transaction Forms, performance
appraisals, and any Staff Service forms as appropriate.
- Review current days expected arrivals and check all VIP and
special request reservations to ensure that they are
pre-registered, blocked properly and other departments are notified
of room assignment. Review the daily room availability and inform
staff. Check status of departures daily.
- Relay all pertinent information to front desk agents,
telecommunications, the following shift supervisor, and the Front
- Ensure proper staffing levels based on hotel demand and all
necessary reports and forms are completed daily.
- Be familiar with all company policies and benefits.
- All other duties assigned by manager or supervisor. SUPPORTIVE
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the
particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist with any guest inquiry.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and
- Report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by direct and
indirect supervisors. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Environmental conditions are inside, a job is considered inside
if staff spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time
inside. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to
four (4) hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between
functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and
to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. as needed.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up
to 250 lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, and hearing
ability and visual acuity.
- Hearing, smelling, tasting, and visual ability to observe and
distinguish product quality and detect signs of emergency
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with other staff, guests, and supervisors.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near and color vision and depth
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill
cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office
equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine,
multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines,
photocopiers, dolly, and other office equipment as needed.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and
carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands
as well. SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of
knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary
language used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, verbal, written and
- Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations and
- Must have excellent leadership capability and customer
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve
- Knowledgeable about basic function of Windows OS, MS Office,
PMS, PBX, Key system and POS.
- Self-driven and able to work independently.
- Exceptionally strong in issue resolution and proven analytical
skills with a strong attention to detail. EDUCATION
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelors Degree
- Prior Front Desk experience required.
- One to three years experience in a supervisory role
- Knowledgeable of loyalty programs, brand standards and
hospitality industry systems preferred. LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed
appearance per Azul Hospitality standards. Refer to the property
specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be
established by Azul Hospitality, from time to time, is essential to
the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular
attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up
to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all
staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality rules and
regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels
facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations
will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including
termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the
hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying
schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition,
attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is
required. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive
list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may
be asked to perform from time to time.
Keywords: Azul Hospitality, San Luis Obispo , Front Desk Supervisor (\"Supervisor/a de Recepcion\"), Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...