Company: Williams Homes
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: November 14, 2023
This is NOT a remote position.This position supports Williams
Homes Central Cal Division and is based out of the Central Cal
Division office in San Luis Obispo, CA. Summary/Objective:The
Division Staff Accountant collaborates with the local division team
and Corporate Project Accountant on Division projects in various
stages of development by assisting in budget management, tracking
milestones, draws, invoices, etc. Essential Job Duties:
- Analyze and process monthly budget adjustments for costs and
- Process all accounts payable for the division. Work in
conjunction with corporate accounting and division staff.
- Troubleshoot problem invoices by working with the appropriate
internal company staff and vendors.
- Provide complete and properly coded invoice packages for
processing by the Corporate Accounts Payable Department.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors and
- Report financial risks and budget discrepancies to management
- Prepare loan draws for the division's projects.
- Prepare cash requirements reports. Work with the division in
aligning project operations with payment priorities and project
level cash flows.
- Recognize revenue through the course of the project.
- Assist Corporate Accounting in the preparation of operational
and financial reporting.
- Perform monthly analysis to review project budget reporting for
accuracy and completeness. Examples include detailed review of
direct construction cost budgets and for option gross margins. This
is monitored from initiation of the data by the division through
recordation in the project financial statements.
- Coordinate between various departments including operations,
general accounting, Forward Planning and Acquisition teams to
answer questions and escalate items up to Project Accountants.
- Ensures compliance with corporate accounting policies and
- Assists in internal and external audits, and other special
projects as assigned.EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or economics
- 5+ years' experience in public or private accounting
- Excellent knowledge of construction cost accounting and related
- Extensive knowledge in MS Office Suite, Adobe, DocuSign, and
able to learn and master company CRM.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and
- Ability to manage a heavy and evolving workload independently
- Pays close attention to details and ability to perform
efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
DISCLAIMER: Please note this job description is not designed to be
a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as
assigned. Williams Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Williams
Homes, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from
search/recruiting firms for this position. Please, no phone calls
or emails. All submissions by search/recruiting firms to any
employee at Williams Homes whether via email, Internet, phone call,
or any form and/or method without a valid written agreement in
place for this position will be deemed the sole property of
Williams Homes. No fees will be paid in the event the candidate is
hired by Williams Homes as a result of the
Keywords: Williams Homes, San Luis Obispo , Staff Accountant, Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!