92L Petroleum Laboratory Specialist
Company: Army National Guard
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: November 29, 2019
Be the force that propels the Army forward. As a Petroleum
Laboratory Specialist for the Army National Guard, your main
responsibility will be to ensure the quality, purity, and
durability of all fuels used in Army operations.
As a Petroleum Laboratory Specialist, you will supervise or conduct
laboratory tests on petroleum, oil, and lubricant products.
Specific duties may include: obtaining or receiving petroleum
product samples; conducting laboratory tests for contaminants
strength, and toxic qualities; evaluating test results against
specification requirements; making recommendations regarding
product disposition; following fire prevention and safety control
procedures; testing on clothing, food, paints, and plastics; and
keeping detailed laboratory records and files.
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
• Use of lab equipment, such as centrifuges and spectrometers
• Interest in chemistry and mathematics
• Ability to follow detailed procedures
• Interest in performing technical work
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience
to enjoy a civilian career with petroleum refineries, chemical
companies, manufacturing firms, or government agencies. Civilian
laboratory technicians often specialize in a particular industry,
such as petroleum, food processing, or pharmaceuticals.
Earn While You Learn
Get paid to learn! In the Army National Guard, you will learn
valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying
for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Petroleum Laboratory Specialist consists of 10
weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering
skills, and approximately 10 weeks of Advanced Individual Training,
including practice in testing different products. Part of this time
is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and
$250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school
diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to
change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most
up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard
recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Keywords: Army National Guard, San Luis Obispo , 92L Petroleum Laboratory Specialist, Other , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!