Level 2 Direct Support Professional/ Behavior Respite Consultant
Company: Behavior Respite In Action
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: February 13, 2020
A NEW EXPERIENCE,
ALL THE WAY AROUND
This position is with Behavior Respite in Action
At 360 Behavioral Health, we're new. Yet extremely experienced.
Isn't that what driven, curious, passionate pioneers like you want
in a career? A freshly conceived, energetic enterprise powered by
innovative ideas in clinical care-and the support of a proven,
successful team with strong resources?
THERAPY PROVIDERS DESIRING BETTER OUTCOMES:
Welcome to a unique space for direct providers of care. If you've
always wanted to be the person others look to in times of
challenge, this is your opportunity. You'll interact directly with
patients to improve the quality of their lives and you'll show
families how to accommodate someone's special needs, while
appreciating their special attributes. Realize your potential
LEVEL 2 DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL/BEHAVIOR RESPITE CONSULTANT -
360 Behavioral Health is currently seeking driven Level 2 Direct
Support Professionals to provide 1:1 in-home services to children
and adults with Autism and other developmental disabilities.
We are seeking part-time (10-20 hours/week) Level 2 Direct Support
Professionals who are available weekday afternoons between the
hours of 1:00pm-10:00pm and weekends. Potential for full time
depending on availability of the applicants and clients.
- Providing temporary relief to parents.
- Managing moderate to severe behavioral excesses such as
physical and/or verbal aggression.
- Actively engaging with the individual and following a
- Teaching self-help skills, domestic skills, and
- Sessions are an average of 2-8 hours depending on client
- Maintaining contact via phone a minimum of once per week with
the client Supervisor.
- Attend all staff professional development
- Report any incidents and communication from the parents to the
Supervisor for each case.
- Minimum of High School Diploma/GED
- Experience working with clients with moderate to aggressive
behaviors in a professional capacity preferred
- Must be self-motivated, responsible, honest, articulate, and
able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Present with a professional demeanor; be well-organized, and
- Maintain professional boundaries, professional composure, and
work well under pressure.
- Politely interact with individuals and families who may be
uncooperative or aloof.
- Maintain professionalism if and when a client is aggressive,
self-injurious, throws a tantrum, screams, etc.
- Be able to serve culturally and linguistically diverse families
in low and high social economic status areas.
- Be comfortable working in homes (studio apt., housing projects,
etc.) of families with limited resources.
- Effectively communicate with others (clients, family members,
- Accept, follow, and implement direction from agency
- Be creative, spontaneous, excited, and animated in your
gestures, facial expressions and voice interactions.
Other Requirements Include:
- Have reliable transportation, current liability insurance for
the vehicle, and a clean driving record.
- Have a telephone and reliable method to record scheduled
appointments and return phone calls within 24-hours.
- CPR/FA Certified
TAKE PART IN A DIFFERENT KIND OF SUCCESS.
AND EXPERIENCE DEEPER REWARDS.
We offer opportunities to make life better for people facing unique
challenges, as well as the competitive compensation and benefits
you would expect of an industry leader.
ABOUT 360 BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Drawing on 19 years of acclaimed clinical expertise, Behavior
Respite in Action (BRIA) brings the expertise patients and families
require to function more effectively in their natural environments,
and opportunities for you to be part of something truly
READY FOR SOMETHING NEW?
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Behavior Respite In Action, San Luis Obispo , Level 2 Direct Support Professional/ Behavior Respite Consultant, Professions , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!