Senior Electrical Engineer
Company: Enercon Services, Inc.
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: August 4, 2022
ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental
services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability
throughout energy, power, and related technology industries. Our
culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment
in our employee's growth and development.
Due to continued growth, our Nuclear Services group is seeking a
Senior Electrical Engineer to work on-site at our office in San
Luis Obispo, CA or Emeryville, CA.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to):
- Understanding roles played by other disciplines on the project
and possessing the ability to coordinate and interface with other
- Participating in reviewing and checking designs, drawings, and
data prepared by other engineers or subcontractors.
- Preparing design studies, project scopes and engineering
- Managing budget, scope, schedule, and quality associated with
the designated work assignment with minimal guidance and technical
- Preparing electrical equipment procurement and installation
specifications and can evaluate technical bids and select
- Devising new approaches to technical problems.
- Traveling and participating in field installation, checkout,
- Directing and overseeing routine and advanced technical work
performed by others on assigned projects and maintaining quality
standards of all assigned projects.
Required Qualifications / skills
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET
- Minimum 10+ years' experience in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in electrical codes, standards and criteria for
- Demonstrated proficiency in preparation of electrical
calculations is desired.
- Makes recommendations based on knowledge and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in
- Ability to travel between 15-25% of the time; duration of
travel may vary depending on project and client needs, ranging from
a few days to a few weeks. Position may involve a client site
assignment lasting several months at a time.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- PE license highly preferred.
- Able to obtain and/or maintain a DOE L or Q clearance.
- Prior power system design experience at nuclear power
- Experience with Electrical analysis software such as ETAP or
- Broad knowledge of engineering and related precedents in the
Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol
screenings, ENERCON and client specific background checks, and
annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client
policies. Must be legally eligible to work in the US without
current or future sponsorship. This job posting is subject to
change at any time.Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent
benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of
excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work.
Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.ENERCON does not
discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.Connect with us: - LinkedIn
Keywords: Enercon Services, Inc., San Luis Obispo , Senior Electrical Engineer, Professions , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!