DCPP (Nuc) Quality Auditor, Senior (ESC) - Diablo Canyon Power Plant (Avila Beach, CA)
Company: PG&E Corporation
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Requisition ID -# 144459 -Job Category: Nuclear Generation -Job
Level: Individual ContributorBusiness Unit: GenerationWork Type:
HybridJob Location: Avila Beach; San Luis Obispo - -Department
OverviewDiablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) safely and reliably
produces electricity that is environmentally responsible and cost
effective for our customers and shareholders. - DCPP's mission is
to be the leading nuclear power plant in the country and to:
Inspire and positively influence the industry through our safe,
reliable, and excellent operational performance. Embrace new ideas
to continuously improve our plant and our work environment.
Proactively learn from ourselves and others. Enrich our communities
and the environment, increasing the public's trust and confidence
in nuclear power. -Position Summary -This is an ESC represented
exempt classification currently subject to collective bargaining.
-Quality Auditors and Inspectors within the Quality Verification
Section are responsible for the management of the Corporate Nuclear
Quality Assurance Program (for both the Diablo Canyon and Humboldt
Bay Power Plants) and for assuring the QA Program prescribed by
Chapter 17 of the Final Safety Analysis Report, SAFSTOR QA Plan,
ISFSI QA Program, program directives, and administrative procedures
are effectively implemented and complied with. They are further
responsible to ensure that management systems and processes are
adequate and effective in meeting NRC regulatory requirements as
well as industry excellence standards established by INPO. Auditors
and Inspectors are responsible to conduct quality audits,
assessment, supplier evaluations, independent reviews, process
monitoring, independent inspections, and independent welding
examinations. Auditors and Inspectors also interpret industry
standards and quality assurance program requirements as well as
developing quality assurance requirements. -The Senior level is for
an individual that has acquired extensive knowledge of concepts,
principles and practices, and works independently with only general
direction. This individual will provide technical direction and
completes assignments that require integration with other
departments and are of broad scope and complexity. Position has
wide-ranging expertise and unique experience and "advanced"
expertise in the quality area. -May be required to fill a rotation
in the DCPP Emergency Response Organization (ERO) as necessary. -To
obtain and maintain employment, you must be able to pass a drug and
alcohol screen, a security background check for unescorted access
to a nuclear plant, psychological screen, and be subject to random
drug and alcohol screening in fulfillment of federal requirements.
-PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good
faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the
-job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality
of the job. - The actual salary paid to an individual will be
-based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific
skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, -market
value, geographic location, collective bargaining agreements, and
internal equity. - -Although we estimate -the -successful candidate
hired -into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry
point of the range, the decision -will be -made on a case-by-case
-basis related to these factors.--- -A reasonable salary range
is:---California Minimum: $---132,672California Maximum: $177,948
- Completes assignments of broad scope and complexity with few
precedents or standards, and assignments that require integration
of information from a variety of sources.
- Works independently with only general direction. Often serves
as a team leader.
- Assesses business conditions, identifies opportunities, and
develops programs from a multifunctional, cross-process perspective
to enhance nuclear generation business positions.
- Provides leadership, direction, and assistance to technical
employees and teams. Coaches and develops others.
- Is recognized as the "expert" within specific area of
- Identifies and implements opportunities to improve company
performance (quality, performance, human factors, financial,
- Lead complex quality program assessments, independent
management and technical audits (e.g. Safety System Functional
Audit & Review "SSFARs") and management of major project quality
- In the area of inspections, may have the ability to perform as
the Level III for multiple disciplines per the requirements of NRC
RG 1.58 (ANSI N45.2.6).
- Provides superior customer service solutions.
- Recommends and assists in implementation of strategic
- Effectively represents PG&E at industry association, trade
committee, and inter-utility work groups.
- Contributes to the development of standards, specifications,
construction documents and guidelines. - -Qualifications -Minimum
- Four-year BS degree in Sciences or Engineering (or
- A minimum of 8 years of appropriate experience, or less if
employee consistently demonstrates equivalent level performance, or
was previously classified at a similar type classification such as
a "senior engineer" within the engineering family prior to transfer
- Equivalency may include high school graduation with some
training preferred of the equivalent in education and/or experience
(as defined in ANSI standards.) Educational background may be in
chemistry, physics, behavior science, radiological sciences,
radio-chemistry, environmental, security, engineering, maintenance
or other special background that would be applicable for a nuclear
- Knowledge of nuclear engineering theories, concepts, methods,
best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job
- Maintains an absolute commitment to safety for self and
- Investigates/analyzes assigned technical issues, with close
supervision of method, progress, and resources.
- Applies basic analytical and investigative principles and
scientific theory to routine problems. Prioritizes, plans, and
- Assists other auditors, engineers, project teams, and
supervisors by developing, compiling, and providing technical
- Effectively communicates, both written and orally.
- Approaches and plans work in an organized manner applying
established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates good judgment when making decisions and
- Frequently shows initiative.
- Has good to excellent knowledge of applicable nuclear process
principles, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures related to
the industry and PG&E, and related to their field of expertise.
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, San Luis Obispo , DCPP (Nuc) Quality Auditor, Senior (ESC) - Diablo Canyon Power Plant (Avila Beach, CA), Professions , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!