Maintenance Technician (Mechanic)
Company: CorTech LLC
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: January 25, 2023
CorTech is looking for a Mechanic to join our client's team in
San Luis Obispo for a six month (potentially longer)
Eligible for benefits through CorTech. Get paid every Friday!
$20.00 an hour.
7:00 am to 3:30 pm
All candidates of interest are required to pass a RAMSAY test
before an offer is formerly extended.
Position is responsible for ensuring equipment integrity and timely
- Effectively support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program
with a goal of continually reducing unscheduled downtime.
- Analyze problems and interpret technical information necessary to
make required repairs (troubleshooting of equipment issues).
- Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs on
production machinery and facility support equipment.
- Inspect, operate and test machinery or equipment to diagnose
machine malfunction and validate work performed.
- Ensure safety by following all company policies including safety
rules, procedures and Lock-out / Tag-out procedures, Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), personal safety standards, food
safety standards as well as OSHA standards.
- Troubleshoot PLC controlled equipment as well as all plant
electrical and mechanical systems including motors,
instrumentation, distribution, feed control systems and develop
sustainable solutions accordingly.
- Complete all assigned work orders within the time allotted.
Maintain complete records of work performed using software, work
orders and detailed logs and have good communication skills across
- Assist with equipment change overs and line startups,
troubleshooting issues as needed.
- Identify required parts and maintain current inventories, and
parts reorder lists.
- Assure that all products are manufactured to the highest standard
- Participates in Continuous Improvement, also provides suggestions
to improve processes and participates on team projects.
Physical Requirement. The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 50-80 lbs. Performs highly repetitive motions,
stand for eight plus hours, talk, and hear.
- Ability to Climb ladders, stairways, use a manlift/scissorlift at
ceiling heights or above with proper safety equipment and work in
non-air conditioned environment.
- While performing job duties, the associate will frequently walk,
use hands to feel or handle, and to reach with hands and arms.
Frequent exposure to oils and greases or coolants.
- While performing job duties, the associate will occasionally sit,
climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and smell.
Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions; high,
precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather
conditions; extreme heat; and vibration.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: CorTech LLC, San Luis Obispo , Maintenance Technician (Mechanic), Professions , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!